Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday, April 11, 2010 - , 7 comments

Think Pink Sunday

This isn't a new meme ... or is it? I was thinking of all the photographic memes associated with color. I've seen Mellow Yellow Monday, Ruby Tuesday, something with Blue, but I've never seen anything associated with pink. Truthfully, I don't have the time or the patience to organize a weekly meme with Mr. Linky's and stuff. I don't even have the time to fully participate in the ones I've tried out.

But as you may have guessed, I have some pictures that feature the color pink. :)

I don't know what kind of tree this is, but I sure thought that they looked pretty! (Click on the picture for full size.)

They made a lovely canopy over the sidewalk. Felt like a fairy princess walking underneath.


And the strangest thing is that they looked like pom-poms made of tissue paper when I looked at them up close. I always thought that tissue paper blossoms looked fake, even when they were pretty. Guess I'll have to reassess.


The week before Easter, I took a walk around the Jefferson Memorial to check out the cherry blossoms. Stay tuned. ;)

7 comments:

Very pretty! No blossoms here yet.

Spikey Likey :) Very very pretty and very dainty. Love it :) MWAH

They look like Azaleas! They are truly gorgeous.

I still pray for you on a regular basis. Mostly just for health, strength, and attentiveness to your studies and God's will. On weekends I pray for rest and renewal. Let me know if you need anything specific. I don't seem to feel the stress you had first semester.

Those are spectacular, Cherie! I can almost hear them tinkling in the breeze. I am officially jealous!

Sorry for the delay, all. I'm working on 3 projects simultaneously. Multi-tasking was never my strong suit. lol

Stacy: Thank you very much!

Spike: Dainty, that's me. *snort* Well, maybe on the inside. lol

Quilly: They kind of do in the pictures, but the petals are more delicate than the azaleas I've seen. (They might be blooming around here right now too.) My mom thinks that they're an ornamental crab-apple. And thank you kindly for your prayers. You're right, this semester hasn't been nearly as stressful. :)

Lisa: Thank you so much! They kind of were tinkling ... and it was more than a "breeze." lol :)

they're so beautiful and you captured their beauty so perfectly
their color and size are wonderful

Dianne: I'm so glad you like them! :)

Post a Comment