Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Siesta Memory Verse #8

http://blog.lproof.org/
It's that most wonderful day of the year, for the tax man, April 15th! I'm not going to say that I love taxes. I even filed amended tax returns for last year when I realized by doing this year's taxes that I had miscalculated a major deduction. No, it wasn't enough to go to Rio, but it was better than nothing.  Having said all that, I am very thankful for the services that come from my taxes: police, fire fighters, military, roads, schools, etc. So, while I filed my taxes back in January, I still tip my hat to the tax person and the hard work they do.

The fact that it's April 15th should mean that spring was well on it's way. If you would have asked me that yesterday morning, I would have agreed. Let me just share an illustration. First is a picture from Easter morning (April 5) where we put left over lose flowers on a cross just outside the building.


This second is when I came back from lunch yesterday(April 14 ). It continued to snow into the evening, not a huge amount but still. It stayed below freezing last night, so the snow is still with us. Welcome to Idaho! lol


Now, before I forget, I'm actually here to conduct some business. It is Siesta Sister Scripture Memory Verse Day. We are up to our eighth verse of the year. I chose this one because of a friend of mine that is going through some major turmoil. And really, who of us don't need to remember that we can depend on God for all things at all times. Doesn't mean we don't have a role to play, but God is our strong arm and our shield (from another Psalm, maybe I'll use that one next time).

"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance" (Psalm 32:7, NIV).

Here is a song that is inspired by this verse. I can sing is over and over again when I feel lost and scared.


Whatever you may be going through this week, I hope you find some comfort in this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment