Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 10 comments

Saturday 9 - Heatwave

It's Saturday 9 Time! Check 'em out for details.

heatwave1
 Saturday 9: Heatwave

  1. It’s July. How has the weather been where you are?  I’m thinking about getting out my jacket.  It’s only supposed to get up to 97˚ today.
  2. What is the best way for you to beat the heat?  The best way.  Hmmmm … I’m really liking the idea of frolicking in a nice swimming pool.
  3. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Do you buy that?  You betcha’ baby.  I’ll take 103˚ with 20% humidity in West Texas over 92˚ with 98% humidity in Charleston, SC any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  On those days in Charleston, I almost wished for death.
  4. Do you like hot tubs or saunas?  Saunas, not so much.  (You’d think with what I just said I’d love saunas, but no.)  Hot tubs can be good though in the summer, I’d rather fill them with cool water.  (You can do that, you know.  It’s not against the Constitution, yet.)
  5. What’s the hottest you’ve ever been?  Hmmm … this sounds more like an “illness” question.  But the hottest place I ever been, it was about 117˚ if I remember correctly.  At that point, humidity is moot.  It’s just HOT!
  6. How many times do you hit the beach in the summer?  When I lived near a beach, at least a dozen times.  I loved going to the beach.  Now that I live at least 1000 miles from any kind of shoreline, that number has been drastically reduced.  I’m looking forward to checking out Virginia Beach in about a month or so. :)
  7. When you were a kid, what did you do in the summer?  Played around outside, climbed trees, rode my bike, went swimming.  It was my picture of heaven.
  8. Surfing. Have you ever gotten on a surfboard? Body surf? Not gotten on a surfboard.  Played a lot in the ocean, and I imagine that some “body surfing” went on, but I don’t know if the Organization of Body Surfers (OBS) would have particularly appreciated my form. LOL
  9. What’s your favorite summer song?  Sealed with a Kiss by Brian Hyland.  (Way before my time, you understand. ;)  My favorite Latin Dancers of all time, Forrest Vance & Susie Thompson did a rumba routine to this song.) ;)

Hope you’re having a great summer.

P.S.  I’m using Window Live Writer that I heard about over at Jientje’s.  What do you think?

10 comments:

Oh! I wanted to try Live Writer -- prolly not tonight though! I have3 much to do!

OOOh good, Live writer seems to work real well for you , I'l so glad you like it! I like it a lot too, however one slight problem did pop up. If I want to post large (landscape) pictures, they look okay in the draft, but when I post them, my blog "eats" the right side, that piece goes missing? So I upload my pictures the way I used to before, save the draft, and then open the draft with Live Wrier and work on the text from there. And that seems to work perfectly!
Congratulations, you did a wonderful job on this meme, I enjoyed it very much! I love that song too! And living in Belgium I could not imagine hot temperatures, I think it would kill me!
Have a great weekend!

Quilly: LOL Good one!

Jientje: Thanks so much! :)

Looks like its working well.
With my lungs over 80 with humidity is horrible.

It's definitely the humidity here in Tel Aviv, too. By August walking outside is like swimming in pea soup! We do keep our hot tub hot in the summer though. Before we got it I figured we'd just keep it cool but the truth is it's more fun hot, even in the summer. We just wait till the end of the day to get in :).

You're sure far from the cool greens and blues of the Finger Lakes, how did you end up in Texas?

Dr. John: That must be a nightmare. Now, you know why so many retirees heed the call to the desert southwest. ;)

Robin: After going to school in MN and tiring of the snow and ice, I headed for warmer climes. First, it was Charleston, SC where my mother relocated for her job. After alligators and hurricanes lost their allure, I looked for place that I wouldn't have to worry about that sort of thing. The desert of West Texas looked like just the ticket, and I still don't have to worry about shoveling the sidewalk in the winter. (That and seeing too many cowboy movies as a child. LOL)

And what brought you to Tel Aviv?

I want to hear more about you body surfing!!

I don't like anything over 70 - I am waiting for the fall - gee, that sounds poetically sad

I am waiting for autumn :)

Dianne: I always figured "body surfing" was playing in the waves at the shore. No? :)

We live near the beach. We went today and it was definitely effective in 'beating the heat'. That is until we got home and I realized our sunscreen wimped out and all of us are sunburned.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting the blog button on your sidebar. I am so glad that you will be pariticating.

Jennifer: No problem. I think it's a wonderful idea. I'm telling everybody I know. I may write my local paper and the tv station. I think it should go world wide. It can show what one person can do. :)

Post a Comment