It's Saturday 9 Time! Check 'em out for details.
- It’s July. How has the weather been where you are? I’m thinking about getting out my jacket. It’s only supposed to get up to 97˚ today.
- What is the best way for you to beat the heat? The best way. Hmmmm … I’m really liking the idea of frolicking in a nice swimming pool.
- “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Do you buy that? You betcha’ baby. I’ll take 103˚ with 20% humidity in West Texas over 92˚ with 98% humidity in Charleston, SC any day of the week and twice on Sundays. On those days in Charleston, I almost wished for death.
- Do you like hot tubs or saunas? Saunas, not so much. (You’d think with what I just said I’d love saunas, but no.) Hot tubs can be good though in the summer, I’d rather fill them with cool water. (You can do that, you know. It’s not against the Constitution, yet.)
- What’s the hottest you’ve ever been? Hmmm … this sounds more like an “illness” question. But the hottest place I ever been, it was about 117˚ if I remember correctly. At that point, humidity is moot. It’s just HOT!
- How many times do you hit the beach in the summer? When I lived near a beach, at least a dozen times. I loved going to the beach. Now that I live at least 1000 miles from any kind of shoreline, that number has been drastically reduced. I’m looking forward to checking out Virginia Beach in about a month or so. :)
- When you were a kid, what did you do in the summer? Played around outside, climbed trees, rode my bike, went swimming. It was my picture of heaven.
- Surfing. Have you ever gotten on a surfboard? Body surf? Not gotten on a surfboard. Played a lot in the ocean, and I imagine that some “body surfing” went on, but I don’t know if the Organization of Body Surfers (OBS) would have particularly appreciated my form. LOL
- What’s your favorite summer song? Sealed with a Kiss by Brian Hyland. (Way before my time, you understand. ;) My favorite Latin Dancers of all time, Forrest Vance & Susie Thompson did a rumba routine to this song.) ;)
Hope you’re having a great summer.
P.S. I’m using Window Live Writer that I heard about over at Jientje’s. What do you think?