Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday, February 24, 2012 - , 13 comments

Five on Friday: Mid-Century Modern

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about and play along!

This week's set is "inspired by" the American Graffiti soundtrack. "Inspired by" has a similar meaning to when it's shown at the beginning of a film that is "inspired by true events." There are some things that match and some that are entirely made up. In this case there's a much higher percentage of songs from American Graffiti than there are true events in "those" kinds of films. lol

Enjoy!





Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Chantilly Lace!!
I'm going to sing that all day now, love that song

Good old Elvis--Love falling in love with you. Thanks for sharing.

Boo-Yah! Time to get them toesies tappin'!

I think that song had an influence in getting me to Texas. :) I love The Big Bopper. :)

It's such a lovely song. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Listening to "At The Hop" makes me happy every time.

You picked some really great tunes,you did.

It sure is a lot easier when one is "inspired." :) Have a great day!

Nice choices - Particularly like "I Only Have Eyes For You" - great standard in a different sound.

I saw that it's considered a "standard," and has been recorded by many artists. But I heard this version first on American Graffiti, so it's my fav. :)

I love me some tunes from the 50s. Reminds me of being silly with my grandma and learning music and dancing with my mom.

Good times ... good times. :)

That was great! And even though I'm a lifelong Elvis fan, I really enjoyed The Flamingos tune this week.

Post a Comment