Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday, March 27, 2010 - , 14 comments

10 Things You Might Not Know

Hello Fans! I got this from the LPM Blog* who got it out of an airline magazine. I thought it looked fun and informative since I think of myself as a rather private person.

The idea is to list 10 things - right off the top of your head - that we would only know about you if we knew you really well. 10 random things ranging anywhere on your personal map that make you a tad distinctive? Or just plain weird? Think quickly. Don't go for deep. Go for quirky. Don't try to put them in any kind of order and don't make them long. Just start typing.

1. I like chocolate soft serve ice cream with chocolate sprinkles. (Blame Mr. Twistie in Geneva, NY.)

2. I have an extensive collection of children's books. Anything with great illustrations is a keeper.

3. I saw Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers over 50 times in the theater. It could have been over 75; I really wasn't keeping count.

4. I am on a life-long quest to find canoli and/or cream puffs as wonderful as the ones they sold in a little convenience store in Geneva, NY. Nothing has even come close, but I've never been to Brooklyn.

5. I don't drink coffee, ever. I'm very thankful that Starbucks has hot chocolate.

6. I get very annoyed when people pay more attention to their cell phone call than the people who took the time to be with them in person.

7. I do my make-up while driving my car. (Please, don't yell at me. lol)

8. I have very eclectic musical taste. Even my best friend is surprised when I put a cd on in the car. It could be Disco, Country, Big Band, Classical, R&B, or Show-tunes, even Rap or Metal sometimes though I'll admit that they're rarer.

9. While dancing with a partner, I can do at least 20 underarm spins in a row without getting dizzy. (That quirky enough for you? lol)

10. I had a pair of cats named Ren & Stimpy.

Wow! That was harder than I thought! I know that I have a lot more things that other people would think are quirky, but to me they're just normal. Ah, if I had my best friend do the list for me, she could probably come up with 100 in 5 minutes flat. LOL

What about you? What are 10 quirky things we might not know?

* If you are not familiar with the LPM Blog, it probably would not be your cup of tea. But if you feel compelled to visit, please e-mail me, and I'll hook you up. (See my profile for e-mail info.)

14 comments:

Great list!

Good grief, everything makes me dizzy. I could NOT do 20 spins. Can you do the Spinning Tea Cups at the fair?

I read this right after you put it up, but I haven't commented on it because I want to do it. I just keep running out of time! STOP THE CLOCK!

In your children's books do you have King Bidgood is in The Bathtub? Pretty much anything by Don & Audrey Woods in a keeper.

Stacy: Oh, I love the Spinning Tea Cups, but because it does make me dizzy! lol

Quilly: Yeah, I had to sit on this one a couple of days too. No, I'm not familiar with this book. I'll have to look for it the next time I'm at the bookstore. Thanks! :)

These are all quite interesting. The no coffee is pretty amazing. I have a desert I keep trying to replicate too, vanilla ice cream with a warm raspberry sauce. I think I might do this Saturday. Looks like fun.

Nessa: I always wanted to like coffee. I love the smell, but I never have cared for it no matter how hard I tried or what I added. :)

I finally got mine up! It took me 3 hours once I decided to sit down and think about it, but one of those hours was spent sleeping in my chair!

Quilly: I have days like that some times. I was trying to do one of Nessa's the other day, the one with the handwriting, and eventually I had to give it up ... hours later. LOL I'll be over to see yours in a bit. :)

Do you have "The 500 Hats of Bartholemew Cubbins"? It was one of the first books I remember...

Tilden: Well, I thought I had an extensive collection. LOL Now, I have an excuse to go shopping! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Fun post, Cherie!

Chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles? Ewww! Too sweet! LOL!

Next time you're in Boston, hit the North End (the Italian section). You're bound to find incredible cannoli and/or cream puffs in the pastry shops there. Of course, you have to get over walking by the pigs, rabbits and ducks hanging in the meat store windows.

20 underarm spins in a row? Now that's amazing!

I'll have to see what I can come up with sometime. Though there are so many quirky things about me I think I may find it hard to limit the list to 10. LOL!

Lisa: I didn't think that it would be difficult either ... until I tried to compose the list. lol It's all normal for me. LOL :)

Hey how did I miss this post. pfft. Over 50 times you've seen Lord of The Rings...is that some type of addiction? And you put your make-up on in the car? Oh Larisa my dear sweet one...Naughty Naughty girl. But I still love ya. I take it you really like chocolate hmmm.

Now about my Uranus answer. I want you to say it very slowly and out loud. You'll come up with a clearer sense of where I was going with that one LOL :)

Have a great Sunday :)

Spike: I figured that you were mad at me for putting on my make-up while driving. lol And don't worry. I understood your Uranus answer. My friend Craig of the Late Late Show, who should be your friend Craig, never misses a chance to slip that word into the conversation. (Though I think some of his bosses have asked him to cool it for a while. Haven't heard the reference lately. But he did mention that his 8 year old son told him that it was childish. LOL)

Happy Sunday! Mwah! xxoo

LOL regarding Uranus! Normal is relative, Cherie. :)

Post a Comment