Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - , 7 comments

Portrait of Words - Lost

It's that wonderful time again when we get to post our Portrait of Words stories, a writing challenge where we develop a story based on a set of pictures from Portrait of Words. Go check out the talent pool over there. :)
Lost
Once upon a time there was a girl named Jill who loved flowers.  No matter where she went, regardless of how unhospitable the area would seem to be, she1 Person would go out of her way to find them.
But one day, Jill found herself in some trouble after she wandered so far off the beaten path that she was lost.
DSCN3370
Every where she went, she found herself surrounded by water.
“How can this be?”  She asked herself.  “I got here in the first place, and I didn’t cross any water on the way.”  She looked down at her shoes to confirm her memory, but her shoes were dry.
Jill continued walking around but felt sure that she was just going in circles, but then she came acrossDSCN3366 a special frog, named Peter.
You might wonder how Jill knew this frog was named Peter.  She noticed that this was a frog unlike any that she had ever seen, but believing this really to be an ordinary frog, she began speaking to it.
“I don’t know how I get myself into these things.  I just wanted to look at these flowers, and now, I’m trapped here with a bunch of frogs and birds.  It’s not that I don’t love you all, but I’d much rather sleep in my bed tonight than on the ground with you.”
Then, Jill’s eyes opened wide with surprise when the frog began to speak, “There’s no need for that, love.”  She thought that he sounded exactly like Roddy McDowell.  “No, your not dreaming,” the frog answered to her unvoiced question.   “If you continue up the path , you will come to a statue.  Behind it is the path back to your world.”
Jill could remember the statue.  She’d passed it three times.  “Thank you very much …”
“Peter.  Don’t mention it, mum.  Now, on your way.  You’ll never see it after dark.”
“Okay, and thanks again,” Jill said as she turned to leave.  She thought that she could see a sort of smile on the frog’s face, which, when you think of it, looked kind of strange.
Once again, she made her way down the winding DSCN3399path.  There it was.  The statue, but she didn’t see any path behind it.  All she could see were low plants and trees.  No wonder she’d missed it.  As she got closer, and because she was looking at it, she could finally see the path out. 
Once she stepped on it, she turned around, and realized that this was the way she came in.  As she made her way back to her car, she thought, I really must get GPS on my cell phone.

7 comments:

ROFLMAO...I didn't see that coming at all. Well done my friend. I really enjoyed this. Good thing she met Peter. :) Well done. MWAH - Spike

LOL at Roddy McDowell and the cell phone! What a fun one, I enjoyed it a lot.

You did a n excellent job putting all these photos together and making an incredible, cohesive story.

Spike: See, and I thought it was so obvious. Thanks! :)

Susan: At least my readers know who Roddy McDowell is. Glad you liked it! :)

Quilly: I figured I owed them a story since half the pictures were mine. That's my mom in the first one, and she pretty much feels the same way as Jill about flowers. Though I don't think that she ever got lost in the swamp, but I could be mistaken. ;)

Now keep up with the stories when the pictures aren't yours.
I koved it. I like happy endings.

Dr. John: I'll see what I can do, but I make no promises. lol :)

Post a Comment