Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday, January 28, 2011 - 4 comments

Saturday 9 - What a Fool Believes

Wow!  It's been a long time since I've done a Saturday 9!

Ready ... Set ... Go!

Saturday 9: What a Fool Believes

1. What celebrity do you think is the MOST foolish?
Charlie Sheen.  One of these days that boy's gonna wake up dead, which is too bad too because he's very talented. I think of Robert Downey, Jr, and I know that there's hope for Charlie. I hope he wants to come back from the cliff before it's too late.
2. What are 5 things you don't care about?
  • Despite what I said above, Charlie Sheen and all celebrity "drama."
  • Whether the people in our armed forces are gay.
  • Keeping women in the armed forces out of "armed combat." There cannot be equal rights without equal responsibility.
  • Whether BP ever sells another drop of gasoline. All I know is that they won't be selling it to me.
  • Ever eating sushi again. (Icky!)
3. What 'issue' do you think your opinion is so right about that you end up trying to sway others to your point of view?
That both political parties in the U.S. use hyperbole in their rhetoric to put down the opposition, and that neither party is the personification of evil in the world.  Both sides are full of people trying to do what they think is best for the people who live in this country.  Though admittedly there are exceptions on all sides.  To paraphrase one of my favorite authors, WEB Griffin (who probably "borrowed" it from someone else) ... In any group of people, there is a certain percentage of jerks.  Oh, and they like the power.  They ALL like the power.  It's very intoxicating.
4. What personality do you like to listen to on the radio?
Delilah, though some of those stories can get me nauseous after a while.
5. What culture are you fascinated by?
French, though admittedly my picture of it is extremely idealized, but it seems that they concentrate on living life in each moment rather than making everything a contest of materialism.  Though to live it the way I picture it, it requires a lot materials. lol
6. You are alone with your lover's diary. What do you do?
Oh, that's so difficult.  I want to see him write lovely things about me ... But what if he hasn't?  I'd be devastated!  I certainly wouldn't want him to read my private thoughts.  They may not even be true anymore.  Maybe it was just a flash of temper and not what I really thought.  What if it expressed deeper feelings than he was ready to hear?  No, I don't think that I can.  It would not have always been the case.  In the past, my curiosity would have overwhelmed my common sense, but now ... I'll leave well enough alone.
7. What frustrates you?
D.C. drivers. I have never experienced the like.
8. Do you remember the first time you were on the internet? What did you do first?
Actually, I don't remember my first time on the internet.  I was probably terrified but intrigued at the same time.  What an adventure it has been.
9. What was the biggest fight you have ever had with someone?
One with my mother, no doubt.  She has the ability to press all of my buttons at the same time without even realizing it.  All the time we've spent together over the last couple of years has been really great to work through all that.  Our relationship is much better for it.

Have a great weekend!  (And yes, I'm continuing to work on my thesis.) ;)

4 comments:

Mr Griffin is one of my favorites too. His idealized version of what it means and what it takes to serve matches my own.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a naturally occurring mute button that activated every time someone exploded with hyperbole?

Travis: That would be awesome! :)

Great meme. I'd definitely go with Lindsay Lohan for #1.

Stacy: She came in @ #2 for me. Guess I haven't heard her name in any scandal reports lately. (Though it's not like I look for them. They actually started reporting the Charlie Sheen thing as hard news!?!) And really that's got to be a good thing for Lindsay.

Post a Comment