Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday, February 17, 2012 - , 10 comments

Five on Friday - Frankie Style

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about and play along!

I'm not quite sure how it happened, but last week when I was looking for my Latin rhythms, I wound up in Sinatra-land.  While I was there, I was reminded of all the Sinatra songs I love. Thought it would be nice to share a few of my favorites with you.

The second and fourth tracks actually came from the second CD I bought for my dancing career. I fell in love with Frank's collaboration with Antonio Carlos Jobim.  Then, the fifth track is a duet with Bing Crosby from one of my favorite musicals, High Society.



Despite the fact that there were about 25 pages of Sinatra selections on Playlist.com, they didn't have my favorite, "Come Dance with Me," so I found it on Youtube as a bonus track for you.


Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

They didn't have Come Dance With Me??? Outrageous and oh so very wrong!

This set really took me back - To 1962 to be accurate and sitting in a little club in San Francisco as Jobim and Getz played Desafinado. Thanks for the memory.

so you got on a Frankie kick this week,suits me just fien.I liked his singing as well.

I'm a massive Frankie fan - I played Fly Me to the Moon and Come Dance With Me twice in a row. Thanks for the set - hadn't heard the Frankie/Antonio Jobim tune before. Just loved that one.

So glad that I was able to introduce you to something new. :)

Post a Comment