Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday, March 07, 2009 - , 2 comments

Pẽna Park

Late last night I heard a bird's sharp call, almost as if it were just before dawn, but it was more like just before midnight. At that moment I decided on Saturday's adventure. I was going to a park that I was told there was a wide variety of birds all set for watching. This was down in Marathon, Texas, about 2 1/2 hours from where I live. So, I started out with my camera and a full tank of gas. It was a little overcast, but that can sometimes be better for pictures, not too much glare. However, things were clearing out by the time I got there.

Guess what? No birds, well maybe just a couple. Maybe there were a few varieties that were migrating through when my friend was there. There was no evidence of them today. Oh well, you pay your money, and you take your chances.

The cottonwood trees are about to pop out, and I got to see the beautiful blue of West Texas skies. I'm going to miss that when I move to Washington D.C. in the fall.

2 comments:

Try it in another month or so when spring has really sprung.

Post a Comment