Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday, March 08, 2009 - , 5 comments

A Woman of Action


I was just writing one of those letters that you never send. It was full of anger and frustration, and it relieved my mind tremendously. The addressee is continually whining and complaining about the state of his life and how unhappy he is, but he is unwilling to DO anything about it. That frustrates me to no end.

I see whining and complaining have a pivotal role. They help me to identify the problem and determine how important it is for me to solve it. It's kind of like brainstorming, especially when I do it with someone else. We can bounce ideas off each other. Besides, it is motivational for me to make the pain go away. But there comes a point when it should end.

I am a woman of action. Things can be better. And then there's always the old adage, "If at first you don't succeed, try try again." The solution is out there, but we won't find it if we don't make a stab at it.

As George Eliot said, "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

(Picture courtesy of Arnold the Pig.)

5 comments:

oh the pic is wonderful!

and of course you're right

Yeah, isn't that pig the cutest! :)

Ah! But can the pig fly? No amount of whining will ever let it fly.
But your right sometimes whining helps us to see the problem and then work toward a solution.
But sometimes it just leads us to say " Lord I give the problem to you ."

That's absolutely true! :)

I'm all about moving forward. God chooses to forget our past, so I think it's safe to say we should strive to do the same.

Post a Comment