Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday, April 10, 2009 - 5 comments

Friday's Fave Five

Friday's Fave Five is about reviewing your week and just post about 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those visiting. Head over to Living to Tell the Story, grab the button, and make your own post!

(I’m not “officially” participating this week. This meme has gotten so popular that visiting all the participants causes me too much stress. But isn’t it a wonderful thing that so many people have favorite things to share?)

********************

As always, these are in no particular order …

  • You have just GOT to go to Ivar's blog to see his SkyWatch Friday post. It is simply amazing. He's just straight out an excellent photographer from Norway. His stuff is always great, but this is spectacular. Took my breath away. Go there immediately! :)
  • Dr. John’s “official” quivel submission for this week. For the uninitiated, “quivel,” is an invention of Dr. John, which, of course, explains why he is the master. He takes the words from Quilly’s Three Word Thursday and creates a poem that he classifies as drivel, his words not mind. Well for quivel, this week’s entry didn’t quite pass muster (It's too good.), but for all around poetic hilarity, it’s first rate. The title is “About Weeing.” (Scroll down a little bit.) If I had been drinking, it would have caused me to choke and spray my beverage over my keyboard simultaneously. Perhaps, the most astounding thing with a title like that is that the poem isn’t even vulgar. (Can you deny that you’re the slightest bit curious?)
  • Sending the “Bunny Box” to my mother. It is an annual thing since I moved away to go to school 22 years ago. It’s more on the line of a family tradition than a religious observance, and it’s filled with all kinds of goodies but most especially chocolate and a rabbit stuffed animal of some sort. (Hence the name.) This year the bunny I sent was of a rabbit holding his stuffed animal (a bunny, of course). And there’s a bonus, there was left over chocolate. :)
  • Getting e-mails from favorite people, even from people with whom I’ve had an emotionally draining “tête-à-tête,” maybe especially from them. I don’t know whether it’s a blessing or a curse, but I can’t stand to be on bad terms with the people I love. It is absolute torture, and I can’t get past it until we’ve made things right. So, one of my favorite things was having things made right.
  • Getting my haircut. I’ll have to update my photo with my “new do.” I haven’t been able to get in with my guy for a very long time. It was wonderful to be with a stylist who actually listens to you and tries to do what you ask (or explains before they take scissors to hair why that won’t work for your hair type). And besides all that, he gives great head massages during the shampoo process. (Is it any wonder that he’s booked solid for the next two months? The recession isn’t even going to touch him. And that people, is what they call Customer Service.) So, if you’re ever planning to be in Midland, Texas, drop by to see Barry, but be sure to make an appointment. ;)

Have a great weekend, and don't forget ... He Is Risen Indeed! :)

5 comments:

I visited Ivor because I allways do what I am told. That is an amazing shot.

Lovely faves.

Wow what a site Ivar is. Great FFF. Have a great rest of the Friday and the weekend.

Well it was nice to be included in your list but it was still quivel ( one step down from drivel)
Traditions are a wonderful thing.
I feel like you in that I don't like it when some one is upset with me. I try hard to make it right.

Nessa: He's incredible.

Thom: You too! :)

Dr. John: If you say so, but I still liked it. :)

I loved Dr. John's 'wee" poem, too! And thanks for the link!

Post a Comment