Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday, April 11, 2009 - 5 comments

Enjoying Your Holiday


After seeing a meme over at Travis' today, I was inspired. (BTW, Happy Birthday Travis!) However, I'd like to save the one that he did for another day. After looking around a little I settled over at Saturday 9 where they have a little meme every week.

Enjoying Your Holiday

1. There are several religious holidays going on this weekend. Any plans? A sanctuary full of Easter Lilies and worshiping the Lord for all He’s done!

2. Do you look forward to holiday events or do they stress you out? I like them. I’m looking forward to the next 24 months when I can join in with the celebrations with my family.

3. Do you have any traditional meals that you will eat? Do Peanut M&M’s count? Chocolate rabbits? Jellybeans? (Actually, I don’t think that I have any jellybeans in my possession this year. lol) But next year? Ham & potato salad, I feel almost certain of it. :)

4. We are changing seasons. What are you looking forward to? I will be happy when the wind dies down a bit. I want to start riding my bike again, but the idea of heading into a gale force wind is not exactly filling me with ambition. lol

5. Around here it is turning to spring. What signals spring to you? The change from neutrals to green outside everywhere, even here in the desert.

6. What is your favorite season and why? That depends on my location, but I’d have to say late Spring. I love the smell of the earth coming alive again. I love the freshness of the new green shoots (of leaves on trees, of new grass, of all kinds of plants … even weeds – lol).

7. Do you have a favorite food when dining out? Well, my favorite thing when dining out is poached salmon with Hollandaise sauce, but as I live 1000 miles from any kind of shoreline, it’s not exactly my first choice on the menu around here. But when I move east in a few months, I have visions of being able to enjoy that again.

8. What is your favorite beverage when out? Well, my most common beverage when out would be a Dr. Pepper, but I have to say that I had a margarita recently that was flavored with Chambord liqueur that was to die for. Nope, can’t let myself enjoy those too often. LOL

9. When is your next big night out? Hmmmm … define “big.” lol I’ll have great fun at my lessons on Monday night, and we girls will have a giggle fest at church on Wednesday. I have at least one big day out next Saturday, but as for anything else, I’d rather let it be spontaneous. ;)

Check out Saturday 9 for all varieties and themes for weekly memes. :)

5 comments:

Great Saturday 9...I like your answer to No. 5 and (singing - I'm a pepper he's a pepper wouldn't ya like to be a pepper to) Have a good Easter tomorrow and good rest of the day today :)

that Marguerita sounds good! lol

Thom: I always loved that commercial!

Dianne: Oh it is! You can get one down at Chili's most any day. I highly recommend them, but don't plan on driving anywhere for a while after you've had one. LOL

I'm drinking Dr. Pepper as I read this!

Quilly: And may I say what great taste you have. :)

Post a Comment