Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 7 comments

Saturday 9 – On Broadway

It's Saturday 9 Time! Check 'em out for details.

Saturday 9: On Broadway
1. Have you ever seen a Broadway play? If yes what and when? Yes, I saw A Chorus LineChorus Line when I was about 15 or 16 years old. My mother and I braved a snowstorm to take the hour trip (longer with the snow) into Rochester, NY to see it. I was thrilled. I still have the record. :)
2. Tell us about one strange event in your life this week. Only one? I have a couple of dance students who want to use Skype, so that I can continue to teach them. Hey, they’re paying for the equipment, so I’m game. But I’m not exactly sure how it’s going to work out. But I must admit, it’s nice to be appreciated. :)
3. Have you ever lied to "get the guy/gal"? Have I lied? Yes. Has it succeeded? No. LOL
4. Tell us about your best friend. Well, she has strawberry blonde hair, except when she leaves the color on too long, then it’s a bit darker. ;) She’s about the only person in my life besides family that didn’t eventually tell me to get lost though she has made herself scarce from time to time. Occasionally, we cry on each other’s shoulders, and other times, we laugh and giggle as we talk through the night.
5. What was the best vacation that you ever had? I would say that it’s a tie between a trip I took to London a few years ago where I was able to meet up with some friends from on-line, and Disney World. It really is a magical place. And I don’t care about what people say about Disney’s antiseptic view of the world. I’ve been quite a few places in the world, and it can be quite dirty. I don’t mind the cleaned up version.
6. What was the last big purchase you made? Car repair. Exciting, eh? Gotta make sure those wheels go round and round. lol
7. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink and when did you start drinking it? Dr. Pepper. I didn’t start drinking it until I was like 21. I saw all these commercials about how great it was, but no one would every say what it tasted like. But one day, I was bold and gave it a try. My life has never been the same. :D
8. When was the last time someone did not believe you? I can’t remember the last time. I’ve been known to do some really wild things (like move cross-country, sight unseen). Now, people believe the most outrageous things.
9. You have signed on to direct a romantic comedy. Who are your stars? I must admit that this is probably the hardest question that I’ve ever fielded in a meme, but I’ve reached a decision. Yesterday, I just mentioned Amy Adams, so she’ll do for a start, and for the gentleman … James McAvoy, from films such as Atonement; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; & Wanted. Now, what movie shall we have them star in?

Romantic Comedy

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

I'm a pepper your a pepper wouldn't ya like to be a pepper too? LOL. Love it. Your 2 and 4 are AWESOME!!!! But the best has to be #3...I think we've all done that :) Happy Saturday

I had my 1st Dr. Pepper when I was in the 2nd grade and the bottle top looked like a clock! The numbers on it were 10, 2, and 4 -- the times during the day one should top for a nice refeshing Dr. Pepper! I'm still a Pepper!

Thom: See, now isn't that a catchy tune, and that cute guy dancing down the street with everyone following him? But I'm afraid that my adventurous spirit is saved for the open road. :)

Quilly: That's neat. I never knew that. I can agree to that time schedule. :)

One of the best memories for me was a trip my sister and I took to NY. We saw The Lion King and Chicago. We would have seen more shows, but we only had a couple of days.

If I had the chance I would move to NY so I could see Broadway shows. I love the theatre!

Technology has passed me by again. I don't even know what Skype is. I liked your answers. They were straight forward and clear. well done.

Spike: Yes, it is. I'm a scared! lol

Travis: I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you! ;)

Dr. John: I'm not sure that it's not really voo-doo. lol (Kidding!) Allegedly, you can talk to friends and family on the computer --- for free. I mean talk like you would on the phone, not all this typing stuff. If you have a web-cam, you could even see them at the same time. Actually, my 21 year old cousin is studying in Australia and is talking to his folks that way.

Post a Comment