Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 8 comments

Saturday 9: Don’t Talk to Strangers

It’s Saturday 9 Time! Go check ‘em out!

Saturday 9: Don't Talk to Strangers

  1. Tell us about a night that you spent with someone who was a stranger, yet by the end of the night you were very close. - It was a long time ago, so the details are a little fuzzy, but I’d have to say that it was the first evening that I spent with Amy, my first night in Wichita, Kansas. I had just transferred to teach in a dance studio there. Amy and I clicked right off the bat. By the end of the night, we were like long lost sisters. (Ones that like each other. lol)
  2. When is the last time you rode the bus? - It was a week ago Friday. I had an event to go to downtown, so I took the Metro, but the closest stop is quite a distance away. There’s a shuttle bus that the school gets to use. Let me tell you, it was packed on a Friday night! :)
  3. Describe the last time you stood up for a cause. - Well, I haven’t gone out marching about anything, but in association with previously mentioned event last week, I did have to say something about the demeaning talk that was going on around me. That’s one of my pet peeves. The sad thing is that the person that was making these judgmental demeaning comments has her own “issues” (major) so she was probably only doing it to make her feel better about herself. (And so you don’t think that this is one of the Christian self-righteous kind of judgey things, I’ll tell you that it was more of the racist, sexist variety.)
  4. What is something you would like to do, but you're afraid of the risk(s)? - Try to see one of my best friends in Texas one last time. But it’s a no-go. :(
  5. What would you most like to accomplish before the year is over? - Do well on my finals.
  6. Name something you'll miss about 2009. - It’s been a thrilling year, but I’m not sure that I’ll miss anything about it. There’s nothing that I’d really like to repeat. I do miss Texas, but I don’t really consider it 2009 specific. :)
  7. If you could invent something, what would it be? - A transporter, like on Star Trek. I love to travel, but it can be such a pain. That would mean that I’d get to see all the people all over the world that I love whenever we want. The only problem is that they might be globetrotting too, so it might be hard to catch them. lol
  8. What first got you started blogging? - My friends from a message board had started using LiveJournal, so I tested things out over there. Things just kind of grew and developed out of that over the years. I have had a lot more fun with it since I moved over here.
  9. How did you find this meme? - Though various clicks and links on different people’s blogs. I think the last step was from Bud Weiser’s blog. (A little racy for me, but he is creative. lol)

That’s all for now. Have a great weekend! :)

8 comments:

Oooh a transporter...I like that idea real well. How fun it would be to have one of those. It is heart warming to click right away with someone. Makes life special. MWAH!!!

Spike: I thought I already replied to this. Sorry about that. If I wasn't scanning categories on other people's blogs, maybe I could take care of business on my own. LOL A transporter would be sw-EET!!! :)

#5 -- is in my prayers nightly! Stay focused and try not to stress.

I'm all for a transporter too. It would be wonderful if you could invent that. I too am praying for your success.

Unconscious Mutterings

You're going to do great on your finals :)

I'm so glad you started blogging

I certainly enjoyed your answers to this meme. I hope you do well on your finals.

Good luck on your finals, Cherie!

Post a Comment