Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 11 comments

Avast! It's Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Ahoy! My name's Cotton, and I have commandeered Miss Cherie's blog for the day.

I had t' tell ye about Talk Like a Pirate Day. Thar be all kinds o' fun things t' say an' do. Th' most fun be annoyin' sea dogs an' land lubbers around ye as ye talk like a seafarin' hearty ... Unless, ye can get them t' join in wi' ye. Then everywhere ye go be like an endless party.

If ye`re lookin' fer ideas or activities t' make th' celebration as fun as possible, check ou' th' Official Talk Like a Pirate Day website.

And if ye be lookin' fer me, I be wi' Slappy at Skull Island, Arrr.  Be seein' ye next voyage!






11 comments:

I saw this on another blog I read and thought Ria was just pulling a funny LOL Well since it's tomorrow, my time to be learning pirate is well over. Kaput. Finn. LOL I need lots of time to learn something new. I think this is a cool idea. Larisa..you rock :) Woot...I'll swab your deck anytime matey :) xoxoxo MWAH

Aaargh, better pass me the bottle matey. I'll need a lot of rum to survive this day.

Arrr! I was just about to post about this. The game I made for facebook is a Pirate themed one (well one of them is) so we put on specials for it today. Just couldn't resist :)

Thom: Did you move to Australia when I wasn't looking? It's not tomorrow yet (or at least it wasn't when you posted), it was yesterday. You have the whole day to be piratey. :) Mwah xxoo

Quilly: Does Amoeba know about this day? It could be fun to see what Dude & Dude think about it.

Teresa: It's too much fun! :)

If it's talk like a pirate day, then how come I don't get to watch my Raiders play football today?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Travis: If the NFL had any sense of humor the Raiders would be playing the Buccaneers today! If you go to this website on nfl.com during the game, you'll, sort of, be able to watch the game on line. Either that or find a way to get your patootie to a sports bar. (Being a Viking fan and not living in Minnesota for the past 15 years, I feel your pain.)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091910/2010/REG2/rams@raiders

Happy pirate day! If morale doesn't improve, I'd be happy to lend me cat o' nine tails.

Stacy: I'd take you up on you offer, but I can never figure out a way to keep the cats from scratching me. ;)

Well crap...I got it all wrong...No I'm still sitting on Uranus LOL Ooops!!!

No kidding! Oh well. I usually follow the Raiders on nfl.com every week because they rarely make the national coverage. And they won yesterday!

I can't believe i miss talk like a pirate day. I am very forlorn.

Post a Comment