Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday, May 04, 2012 - , 6 comments

Five on Friday - Victor/Victoria

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about and play along!

Today, I thought that I'd share some of my love of Henry Mancini, which morphed into sharing some of my favorite songs from the film Victor/Victoria, which is one of my favorite films of all time. The songs feature Julie Andrews, Robert Preston, and Leslie Ann Warren.  (Note: they're not in the order that they appear in the film.)

Enjoy!

Le Jazz Hot- Julie Andrews


Gay Paree- Robert Preston


The Shady Dame from Seville-Julie Andrews


Chicago, Illinois-Leslie Ann Warren


You and Me-Julie Andrews and Robert Preston


And as a special bonus, here is Robert Preston performing The Shady Dame from Seville after "the plan" has fallen apart. Love the bravado of Robert in this.



Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

that was fun to listen to.

I have to be careful, or I'll be listening to them all night. lol

Victor/Victoria is a great film. Every song is great of its type, but I really like the cheekiness of Chicago, IL

You and Me is one of my favorite moments from Hollywood musicals. Julie Andrews and Robert Preston are also particular favorites of mine.

So this Set is a big win!

Yeah, it's a great foxtrot. :p

Post a Comment