Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - ,, No comments

Moving to Joseph Oregon

I know that I haven't posted in a while, even my memory verses. I am still doing them. This week's is:

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am you God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10, NIV)

Things have been super crazy as I have been preparing to move to Joseph, Oregon and serve as the pastor of Joseph United Methodist Church.


There has just been so much to do physically (for the move) and administratively. Basically, I have been having a hard time figuring out which way is up. In the last six weeks, I have gone to visit Joseph (8 hrs away), gone to a 3 day conference in Portland, gone on a mission trip for 4 days, gone directly to another conference for the church in Salem, OR for another 5 days. Took the rest of the week off to pack. Now, we are to the last half of the last week before the moving truck gets loaded on Monday.

Whew! Just typing all that is tiring.

The truth is that it is all very exciting, but I'm having a hard time seeing it that way because I'm so tired. I am grieving for what I'm leaving. I'm daunted about my future. I've worked very hard to get to this spot (with lots of help and support from many people), and I know that I can still blow it. I don't want to let anyone down, especially God.

If I could just have a few minutes to breathe ... No chance of that until after mid-July, and probably not after that. If I can just make it until then ... I think I can ... I think I can ... I think I can...

Only with God's help. Prayers and/or good vibes are appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment