Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - , 18 comments

Hodgepodge

Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this meme that has some interesting questions each week. Do you want to play?

1. What's something you miss about the 1980's? If you're too young to miss the 80's how about the 90's?
Shoulder pads, maybe not at their largest, but they did make the waist look smaller.

2. Do you have a library card? If so, how often do you visit?
I actually don't have one at the moment, but I should get one. I've been told that the library in this town is pretty good. (Do I get any credit for hanging out in college libraries for the most part of the past five years? lol)

3. What's the secret to success?
First, you have to define success, success for yourself, not someone else's definition. Then, it would be to get as much information from as many sources as possible. Keep the good, and throw out the bad. Then, create a plan, and act on it.

 There's a quote that I've been saving by Yogi Berra. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." In other words, don't just stand there looking at the fork, forever, trying to decide which is better. Do something. Don't get trapped in the paralysis of analysis.

4. This is National Backyard Games week...what's your favorite backyard game?
I though I haven't played it in years, I would say badminton. It's like tennis-lite. :)

5. If I dropped by today what would I find on your coffee table?
A lot of dust, probably a few remotes, and a fake purple violet (though it does look quite real).

6. Do you own a bicycle? When was the last time you rode a bicycle? Is that something you enjoy?
Yes, I own a bicycle. It's been about eight months since I've ridden. The hold-up is the rigamarole with getting the tires pumped up for the season. I like to use an air compressor. It works tons better than a hand pump. lol This weekend, I promise.

7. What's your favorite cheese?
My "favorite" to have on its own is smoked swiss that I used to get from Hickory Farms. Don't know if they changed the formula or something, but it doesn't seem to be the same as it used to be. Of course, I haven't seen a proper store that was open year-round since I lived in Upstate New York. Perhaps, they don't stock the same thing in their Christmas time temporary shops. Oh well, there are many others that I enjoy, but ironically, not regular swiss.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
You may have already "heard" this, but my voice is totally gone. Now, it's for the second day. I've got to tell you it's much harder to argue with Len on Dancing with the Stars when my voice just comes out as a long *squeeeeeeeek*.

18 comments:

Gotta love badminton! :) And I never knew shoulder pads made waists appear smaller... I used to rip mine off lol. Hated them! aha

And I usually argue with Len too! lol

I didn't watch DWTS this season. I think a lot of people will say they don't have library cards anymore. College libraries count : )

Ahh...shoulder pads. Those things never worked well for me, probably because I'm so short. Made me look as wide as I am tall.:) Hope your voice returns soon...that can be so frustrating!

Oh my... shoulder pads... I had the kind that you could put in EVERY shirt... my basic t-shirts? yep - I was a linebacker :)

Oh yeah- shoulder pads. I even had the ones you could velcro into other shirts.

Visiting from the Hodgepodge. It's been years since I've played badminton but I used to love it.

Shoulder pads...I didn't even think of those. I used to like them, but if I get anything now that has even the little thin ones, I take them out. Hate them now. haha

It's been years since I've played, but I have fond memories

I was thinking, how strange to need a library card anymore, but really I do have one. It's my student id. lol

The voice is coming back, slowly but surely. Thanks!

My kinda girl! Just seems to make clothes hang better. ;)

I haven't played in ages either, but it's a grand game. :)

Sorry about your voice. As for arguing with Len, there's always the stink eye if you can't voice your displeasure.

My favorite backyard game is either volleyball or frisbee.

Oh shoulder pads... I forgot about shoulder pads too! I hated them when I was a teen (in the 80's) but now I could really use them!

yeah for badminton!!! :) I really need to find a set for my kids -- do they even make them any more!!?

And I love yogi Berra quotes ... that one you stated was like "de ja' vu, all over again!" LOL!!

Yeah, I have to remember that stink eye. :)

I think they still make them. At least I hope so. :)

Post a Comment