Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday, December 19, 2008 - 4 comments

How Jolly Are You for Christmas?

I've been seeing this meme make the rounds. Thought it looked fun. (Pssst ... Don't tell anyone, but I actually did it a couple of weeks ago on a message board. lol)


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Truth, I prefer gift bags, but most of my presents are mailed, so boxes and wrapping paper usually work best.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, I was stung by many pine needles as a child. image

3. When do you put up the tree? When the mood strikes me. If I had kids and stuff around, I'd do it on Christmas Eve. We used to do it when I was a kid, and it was a great family ritual. (Yes, the rest of the house was decorated much earlier, at least 2 weeks out. lol)

4. When do you take the tree down? Do they come down? I'd like to do it after Epiphany, but always before Valentines Day. (That's the benefit of an artificial tree for you. image)

5. Do you like eggnog? Sometimes, depends on the recipe.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't remember the stuff so much as the experience. Though I do remember being awfully anxious as to whether Santa Claus had come yet or not. image

7. Hardest person to buy for? My step-father

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail though I might do e-cards too, but never instead.

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Clueless. (See question 6.)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Muppet Christmas Carol and animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas. (I love Max. image)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after the week after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sure, but never to someone who lives in the same state. lol And only if I thought that they'd really like it.

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? So many choices so little time. Hmmm ... a recent favorite are these paper thin ginger cookies from William Sonoma. I might sell my soul for those. Mmmmm! image

16. Lights on the tree? Absolutely, I prefer colored lights, but not so many that planes could land by the light of my tree

17. Favorite Christmas song? There are many, and a lot of it depends on my mood. Today, we'll say ... *picking one out of the air* "O Come O Come Emmanuel". This will undoubtedly change at least twice before the day.

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year home, but there is no consistency on this. My family's all over the country.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Don't you have to do that to graduate from high school ... in other words, yes. image

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have an angel, but I don't feel strongly about it on theological grounds or anything.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve (or whenever Santa delivers the box from my mommy).

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The *meh* when it's over, but it's so emotionally demanding that if it didn't end, we'd all probably have a nervous breakdown. (Even (or maybe especially) for the folks who don't celebrate the holiday.)

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Delicate and sparkley.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace on earth and good will towards men (people). No, seriously. image

4 comments:

I've seen this meme around a lot and I have to say - your answers are some of the most fun and sweetest

you're such a whimsy :)

How come you and Rod are the only people who see that? lol

I did this meme as well. I enjoyed your answers.

Thanks Dr. John! :) Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment