Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 7 comments

The Tuesday Before Christmas ... Ruby That Is

It was the Tuesday before Christmas,
And all through the house.
Not a creature was stirring ...

Because we were all out cruising tacky Christmas decorations. LOL

Not all of my pictures captured the majesty of it all, but I've got to tell you that at least two of the houses had music accompanying their merry-go-rounds and ferris wheels. I kid you not. Fake carnival rides with music. I was shocked that the music seemed kind of nice, but I imagine that it must have gotten annoying to the neighbors after a couple of days ... no make that minutes. lol

But I did find this cute thing that I thought was a nice balance of tacky and charming.


And while I'm thinking of it, I'd like to share a real Merry-Go-Round from a Christmas carnival in London from a couple of years ago. (There must be some red in there somewhere, right? :) ) What do you mean? Of course, I rode on it, me and two of my best mates ... while our male chaperon kindly held our purses. lol

Go check out Work of the Poet for all the Ruby Tuesday selections!

7 comments:

Wow, Cherie! That is one beautiful carousel! And yes, a not-so-tacky Christmas decoration! Happy Ruby Tuesday! Have a wonderful holiday! :)

Mary: Yeah, that carousel was more than we gals could resist. lol And we were treated with an extra long ride. :) Happy Holiday to you too!

We missed the annual driving around and looking at lights. We always do that during the weekend before the holiday, and this time there was just too much snow and ice to be safe.

I think one of my neighbors has that carousel on their lawn! ;)

Merry Christmas Lady - I'm so glad you're here in Blog Land

Travis: There's always next year, and just think, they'll be even tackier! LOL Glad that you're being smart about it.

Dianne: And Merry Christmas to you too! :)

We had piles of snow and ice on the ground this year, so we didn't go for a long drive around like we normally do. Perhaps on the way home tonight.

Merry Christmas!

I like decorations . I like animations. But I'm glad I don't live in that neighborhood because the music would drive me nuts.

Post a Comment