Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - , 8 comments

Freshly Washed Blossoms

I'm starting to get used to being able to use my camera again.  My old battery was getting to the point were I could only take a couple of pictures before I would get a low battery signal.  Thankfully, my battery is now available from a variety of manufactures, so the price has come down from over $65 a couple of years ago to about $7 for an extra long life battery.  Amazing.

I was so excited about the pictures that I took on Wednesday that I wanted to take some more today.  I know that I said in yesterday's post that I took them "yesterday" (which would have been Thursday), but I forgot that I spent much of the day outside studying.  I enjoyed the environment, but no pictures.  But that was all the more motivation to get out on Friday.  But then, it was raining ... all day.  So, I decided to go anyway, and I'm so glad I did.   I got to see these pretty little things.

These are teeny-tiny little flowers, so they had to have a teeny-tiny little picture.


Here the purple looked so vivid with the green.


Most of the daffodils are gone, but here's one that stuck around just for me.


And last but not least, I have a final tulip, but this color is just amazing.  I hope that I will be able to see it when it is fully open.


See you soon!

8 comments:

The price of everything is up now days. It so ticks me off LOL Beautiful photos Larisa. I love them all especially the last one. Very well done :)

Love that last picture. Very artistic with the glistening water drops.

Beautiful pictures. I'm glad you are able to take pictures again.

Those pictures are so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the rain and feel free to send some our way.

*too jealous of your vibrant growing things to comment*

We've still got rain, too. It looks like your flowers are a bit ahead of ours.

Spike: But the price of the battery has actually gone DOWN! It's about 1/10 of the cost it used to be. Now, if that can just happen with gas prices. lol Glad you like the pictures. :)

Travis: Thanks! You can't tell from the picture, but it was actually raining fairly heavily at the time I was taking the pictures. But the water droplets on that tulip makes it look so fresh.

Nessa: Now, if I can just remember! :)

Sandie: Believe me if I could do anything about the rain I would. I hate thinking of West Texas as singed. :(

Joy: I'm sorry, but your time is coming. You have the pictures to prove it. :)

Quilly: It's so funny. Just 50 miles north of here, they're at least a month behind us bloom-wise.

I love your teeny flowers :)
and the purple!!
my favorite color
beautiful Cherie

Post a Comment