Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 8 comments

Moving Time Again

It was nice while it lasted, Texas, but it's time to say so long. I know that it's been a long time since my last update. I got a job almost immediately after arriving, working in the payroll dept of an industrial construction company. I've been busy with that, trying to get an apartment, getting back involved with my local church, and continuing my search for a ministry job. But I've been keeping tabs on my blogging buddies. I notice that I'm not the only one who's been less frequent with their postings. ;)

So, as you might have guessed from the title of this post, I have actually landed a ministry job. I'll be working at a local United Methodist church in ... Idaho! The job title is "Director of Lifespan Ministries," but that's just a fancy way of saying that I'll be working with all age groups ... which means I'll be involved in a little bit of everything in this church.

It also means that on Friday, I'll ... with the help of my friends ... will be loading up the contents of my storage unit into a U-Haul to begin the trek. I'm really excited and happy about the whole thing. And before you ask ... No, I've never been to Idaho before. Believe me everyone has asked me that question, so before you think I'm crazy for going there sight unseen. I have never gone someplace before I moved there. With my dad being in the Army, we were always being transferred somewhere new.  So, this is the norm for me.

So, I'll see you on the flip side, after I get internet set up in my new place. I can hardly wait to be in my own place with my own things again.  Oh, living room furniture, how I've missed you so. :)

8 comments:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Get ready for the potatoes!!! I'm so excited for you and think this will be a great move for all the hard work you put in for the last two years. I wish I could be there to help you get all moved but I can't so I will be in spirit. Be safe on your travels and good luck with your new endeavor. I look forward to going through this with you from your blog, that is to say if we keep posting LOL Thank goodness for email and twitter :) I'm very proud of you and I will see ya on the flip side.

xoxoxoxo

MWAH

Spike

I made it over to Idaho for a weekend. I saw a little bit of Ceour d'Alene and a lot of classic cars. You'll have to tell us all about it once you get settled.

Congrats on landing the job in your chosen field! Safe travels!

Spike: Thanks! I'll keep you posted. Mwah! xxoo

Travis: I feel very blessed to have gotten a job in my field. I can't wait to start reading your Dancing with the Stars updates. :)

Settled in? Started work yet? Picked up any cool local lingo? Or an IdaHomer accent?

Wow, Cherie! I've just skimmed over your latest blog posts. . . Lots of changes for you! I'll have to go through them in more detail later (love the photos you posted!) but certainly "Congratulations!" are in order on a lot of different levels! You have achieved so much for yourself and are now carving out the life you've dreamed of. Good job, lady!

Looking forward to seeing photos of your new home!

I happened upon your blog by chance, Cherie, and I have a thought I wanted to share with you upon my reading your words, "And before you ask ... No, I've never been to Idaho before. Believe me everyone has asked me that question, so before you think I'm crazy for going there sight unseen. I have never gone someplace before I moved there. With my dad being in the Army, we were always being transferred somewhere new. So, this is the norm for me."

The other week my priest, in his homily, mentioned that when he was a young seminarian, that he was "assigned" to sit with a woman in a hospital because she was dying. He was "very young" and "very nervous", he told us and "because he was nervous", he told the congregation, he asked her IF SHE WAS NERVOUS. The woman evidently turned to him, "I have always been a little nervous whenever I moved anywhere . . . "

My priest has told this story time and time again but it always has a profound affect on me, and when I read your post, I thought of you and hope you appreciate the sentiment.

In your case, the possibility once again having living room furniture (although I live in a small studio in NYC and have never had a living room and do not miss it) isn't a bad incentive, either. (-;

All kidding aside, I wish you the best endeavor, and would appreciate your "checking" in with me to let me know how the move goes.

With heartfelt wishes,
Patricia Youngquist, The LLG (The Last Leaf Gardener)

Joy: I don't know. These people sound pretty "normal" to me. Maybe that means that I've always been meant to be here. However, I'm staying with a family where the wife is British, so I don't know what that means. lol

Lisa: I wasn't sure how it was all going to work out for a while. It's pretty funny. I had decided that this was the last ministry job that I was going to pursue for a while. Then, the dominoes started falling. And all of a sudden I find myself over 1100 miles away ... again. :)

Patricia: Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and sharing your priest's story with me. I can certainly understand the elderly lady's sentiment. lol I'll be checking out your blog soon. :)

Yes, the elderly lady's sentiment is "understandable" , Cherie, but my priest was speaking about her gift of faith! On her death bed, she referred to "always a little nervous moving somewhere else" which in this instance for her was presumably heaven.

While your move, thankfully, is not moving past this life, but rather it is one of relocating to another one of the United States, it still takes courage and faith, which your response (in the quote I cited in my previous comment) indicates.

Meanwhile, when you get your living room furniture and truly settle into your new digs, I would welcome a visit to my blog. I have posted the link below:

http://thelastleafgardener.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment