Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday, July 16, 2011 - , No comments

Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows, Pt 2

The highly anticipated, super hyped, conclusion of the massively popular Harry Potter series. It was such an opportunity for a massive fail through unfulfilled expectations.

I was really ready to be disappointed because I wasn't thrilled with Part 1.  I was told by my friends that read the books that there were things in the books that were presumed to be in knowledge in the movie. I think that's a mistake by the movie makers. If I HAVE to read the book before watching the movie, why do I need the movie at all? My imagination is far superior to any movie special effects team.

However, I think that it was a really good idea for the producers to split the book into two parts because it was so massively large. Translating a book into a movie is difficult even when the book is short. Having a manageable project from a book over 900 pages is practically impossible.

So, having said all that, I wasn't expecting to be overjoyed by the final movie.  But, I still wanted to see the conclusion because I have been following the story and characters for all these years.  I have an emotional investment in them, and I needed the payoff.

The good news, for me, is that I loved the film!  I thought that they did a great job of wrapping up all the threads and answering all of the lingering questions.  There was a conclusion with an epic battle.  And there was an understanding of confusing and seemingly contradictory decisions of some of the characters. 

It was very emotional and ultimately very satisfying.  Good job!  5 Stars!

0 comments:

Post a Comment