Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - , 4 comments

Snowcovered Hills

Remember yesterday when I was telling about receiving a young lady's first text? The one that left me teary-eyed? Well, it was a confirmation that she would be joining the Youth group to a Hot Dog Roast that turned into a sledding expedition.

Why am I telling you this? Well, this is where we went sledding. (Ummm ... the kids were in the shady area.)

I got this shot as I was waiting for the kids to set up for their next run from the top of a hill to the right of the shot.

Just seeing this sight took my breath away. So naturally, I had to share it with you.

4 comments:

That's beautiful, Cherie! Nothing like fresh snow for sledding--I bet the kids had fun!

Lisa: Thanks! That's high praise coming from you! And this event was the biggest success yet with the Youth.

I love the way the clouds roll over the mountains like that and the contrast between the shade and sun, along with the clouds, creates a lot of interest. (I wanted to say that yesterday but didn't have time.) And I bet the event was a huge success! Kids are all about having fun. Congratulations! :)

Lisa: All those things converging at the same time was really cool. Before that it had been mostly overcast, so it wasn't nearly so striking. And yes, the event was a HUGE success. :)

Post a Comment