Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday, December 30, 2011 - , 8 comments

Five on Friday - New Year's Eddition

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about.

As I promised, nothing that even resembles Christmas music until next season. Now, our eyes turn to New Year's, and what do we think of for New Year's ... Well, one thing anyway is Party Time!

This week I chose what I think are some great party songs. They're high energy songs that make me want to get up and dance. At first I was thinking I'd go for an all Cha-Cha set, but a Salsa/Merengue (depending on your mood) and a Samba made it in. Can you guess which ones they are? (That's for you Dancing with the Stars aficionados.)

You might also notice that the Gloria Estefan selection sounds suspiciously like the beginning of "Smooth" by Santana. That's because Carlos Santana is featured at the beginning of the song.

Okay kids ... Party like it's ... 2011.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Have a great (and safe) weekend!

8 comments:

Ahhh Gloria Estefan. Now there's a lady for New Year's Eve. You can't sit still. Have a nice celebration.

Jamie: Yeah, she's always been a favorite of mine, especially for dance tunes.

Hee hee! I remember watching Manilow's TV specials in the '70s. What a flash from the past! I wonder if I could handle an episode of "Solid Gold" now or if it would be like reruns of Lawrence Welk....

Joy: Dionne Warwick Solid Gold or Marilyn Macoo? ;) I don't know if it would be like Lawrence Welk. Even the parts I like still seem pretty hoaky. It would be neat to see it though. Might have to check out Youtube.

Completely enjoyed this set, especially Whatever Lola Wants and Don't You Worry Bout a Thing.

Happy New Year, Cherie - looking forward to more of your 5 on Friday sets!

Julia: And Happy New Year to you too! :)

Everybody Samba!! Or Mambo, or Salsa, or Merengue...just dance baby!

Travis: Yup, dance, dance, dance! :)

Post a Comment