Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday, December 23, 2011 - ,, 9 comments

Five on Friday - A Spiritual Christmas

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about. This is an extra special one because it is the 100th edition! Congratulations and a big thank you to Travis for hosting this!

So yes, this is my third week of what Travis has referred to as "December" themed music. However, this week I'm tipping towards the spiritual side. The rest of the month, I decided to keep it at the other end of the spectrum, but now that we're really getting to it (Christmas, I mean), I thought it was time to let the other side of me be expressed.

I promise. No more December music until ... well ... next December.  But these are really some beautiful songs. Enjoy!

(Pssst ... You may need to turn the volume up a little on the first song, but then turn it back down for the rest.)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Seasons Greetings & Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

A great Christmas set.thank you for sharing it.

Nice. My favorite is by the Irish Rovers, but they don't have anything but lyrics posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc_pMX-yCkY

Mike: Glad that you enjoyed it!

Joy: There just isn't enough accordion music in popular music these days. ;) Actually, it's quite peppy. I've been thinking the past several weeks that it's harder to find upbeat religious Christmas songs.

I love Oh Holy Night, gives me chills

Merry Christmas gorgeous
hugs from Hope

Absolutely beautiful. You included O Come O Come Emanuel which is one of my favorite of all the carols.

Dianne: Merry Christmas to you and yours too! And hugs right back at Hope. :)

Jamie: That version is one of my absolute favorites. Merry Christmas!

There is a version of O Holy Night by Ronnie Milsap that is my mom's favorite spiritual tune for the season.

Ooops...hit publish before I was finished!

I also meant to say that although we celebrate a secular holiday, we do enjoy some of the religious-themed "December" music. There are some beautiful pieces.

Travis: Indeed there are. I hope that you had a joyous Yule! :)

Post a Comment