Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday, April 27, 2012 - , 10 comments

Five on Friday-Southern Rock Edition

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about and play along!

This week my set is inspired by a Doobie Brother's song from Mike Golch's set from last week. I've had Southern Rock on my mind all week. This was one of the quickest sets that I've put together in a long time. While I don't know whether any of these are technically "Southern Rock" or not, they remind me of it.

Enjoy!



Get a playlist! Standalone player

Have a great weekend!

(ETA: Looks like one of my songs is missing. Wonder if the file got removed or something. There was five when I originally posted it. I promise.)

10 comments:

Too funny----Kansas is doing a benefit for our flooded middle school on 5/1 so they've already been in my head all week!

all great tunes.if I had to pick just one it would be Never been to Spain.

That is neat. Hope all goes well with the benefit!

Yeah, that's a great song!

Great set. Never Been to Spain is one of my favorites both by Three Dog Night and Elvis.

The song is a lot shorter that I realized. It seems like it rolls on forever. Maybe it's just that I could listen to it forever. ;)

Technically, no. But who cares? These are great rock tunes no matter what category. If they fill your southern rock craving, then that's good enough for me.

Now for some true southern rock you can try Lynryd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, Little Feat, Allman Bros, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Marshall Tucker Band. Those are just a few off the top of my head.

You mean that Brits singing with a "southern-ish" twang doesn't count? Say it isn't so. LOL Glad you enjoyed the songs. :)

Brits with a sounthern-ish twang suits me just fine!

That's all right then. :)

Post a Comment