Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - ,, 10 comments

Hodgepodge

Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this meme that has some interesting questions each week. Do you want to play?

1. William Shakespeare's birthday is celebrated on April 23rd...when did you last read Shakespeare? What's your favorite Shakespeare play?
Read? I was never fond of "reading" Shakespeare. Watching? That's a different story. I love watching Much Ado About Nothing, especially if it is the Kenneth Branagh production. :)  I absolutely adore the way that was done. It was probably the first time that I really felt that I could really understand and relate to what was going on without feeling that I was translating a foreign language.

2. What food(s) would you recommend a foreign visitor try when they visit your home country?
Hmmmm ... that would really depend on where that foreign visitor was from. The United States is such a "melting-pot" (or toss salad, as I heard a few years ago), and that really applies to our cuisine. All the cultures from the immigrants have had a profound effect on what we think of as "American." I'm certainly not going to suggest pizza to someone from Italy, a hot dog or hamburger to someone Germany, or Tex-Mex to a visitor from Mexio. However, all of those (and many many more) are as American now as ... apple pie. ;)

3. What's a lie you often tell yourself?
I'm going to bed before midnight. (But, at least I've quit saying, "I'm going to get up early." Those two lies don't work well together. lol)

4. What's something you're good at that might surprise us? Remember this is a family friendly blog!
I don't know that I have many of those kinds of surprises left. Perhaps, I have an uncanny ability to recognize voices in films and songs. As a general rule, I'm not good at remembering names, but I'll be watching an obscure film or maybe an actor with extensive make-up, and all of a sudden their name will just pop into my head.

Bruce Willis in That 70s Show

5. Who is your favorite animal character from a book?
Olivia! She inspires me. :)
 6. April showers bring May flowers...do you have a green thumb?
Not really, I seem to do best with artificial. ;)

7. Speaking of rainy days...which one of the following activities would you most want to spend time doing on a rainy day-
a)  sort photos and create albums
b)  bake cookies
c)  read a good book
d)  hold an all-day movie marathon
e)  organize closets, cupboards, or bookshelves
f)  try a new recipe
g)  fix something that needs fixing
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I got my income tax refund. Hooray! And, Hooray that I had an income in 2011.

10 comments:

you were blessed to have a job. So many people are still looking. Olivia was a good character choice. Have a good day.

Olivia! Love that one! I think watching the movie adaptations of Shakespeare is a good way to get the gist of the story and makes reading the play easier to understand. One of the few times I feel like a movie before the book might be a better way to go.

Oliiivviiiiiiiaaaaahhhh! I can totally see similarities between you two!

I only discovered Olivia several years ago, but I'm in love. :)

After having my initial Branagh Shakespeare experience, I realized that plays are meant to be seen, so it really makes sense that it would be much easier to understand that way. :)

Especially, when it comes to the circus! :)

oh I love Olivia :)
Hope thinks she's cool although Rapunzel is now a favorite too

I often go around with my hands on my hips like Olivia's picture above. lol

I love to read Shakespeare. My favorite play to read is Hamlet. My favorite to watch is Henry V.

I don't know Olivia. Today, my favorite animal character from a book is Pooh Bear. Or maybe Tigger. No, Pooh Bear.

I was this close to choosing Pooh Bear or Piglet.

Post a Comment