Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - , 8 comments

Coming Attractions

I realized something the other day. There's actually a bunch of movies that I really want to see this year!  I can't think of how long it's been that I've been looking forward to so many.  And, lucky for me most of them are coming out in the next six weeks. Here are some of the highlights.

Opening May 4th
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Unfortunately, this one is currently on limited release. Hopefully, it will do well enough to open to a wider market.



Opening May 11th
Dark Shadows

I've already *squeeed* a bit about this one, so you already know about it. ;)


Opening June 1st
Snow White and the Huntsman

Yeah, I know that there's already been a Snow White film this year. I did not find it the least bit interesting, but this one ... all dark. Maybe, I just like the idea of Charliez Theron as the Evil Queen. ;)


Opening August 17th
ParaNorman



And then ... And then ...

Opening December 14th
The Hobbit: An Unexpectd Journey

All kinds of fan-girl *sqeeeeeing* going on here. A Prequel of the Lord of the Rings adventure, it has director Peter Jackson back at the helm, shooting part 1 & part 2 back to back. *squeeee*


There are a few more out there that look fun, and but I figured that five films were enough for one post.

Enjoy your time at the movies!

8 comments:

We waitss for Hobbitsses, preciousss, yess we doess.

when I read 'limited release' I immediately thought of Letterman saying ' opens in selected cities and I pray your city is selected'

loved Victor/Victoria!!
what a different side of Julie

and I adore your friend Pepe

OK, I'm caught up now :)

I recall being stunned by this movie. In a OMG she did NOT just do that! Kinda way. It was a side of her that was unkown to me then and it simply upped her awesomeness to completely off the charts!

Since there's this annoying geography thing betwixt us preventing me from shouting "shotgun" all i can say is me too.

I'm guessing that you're talking about Miss Julie in Victor/Victoria? Did you ever see the movie SOB? I think that she made it prior Victor/Victoria, and really its sole purpose was to let the world know that Julie Andrews was not exclusively the sugar and spice and everything nice of Mary Poppins and Sound of Music fame. (She bared her bozzums to put a point on it. Talk of seeing an unknown side of Julie. lol)

I did go and see The Avengers yesterday, and I have to say that it was pretty awesome too! :)

Post a Comment