Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - , 12 comments

Hodgepodge

Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this meme that has some interesting questions each week. Do you want to play?

1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?

Other people who think that they're the center of the universe and expect everyone else to accommodate them. (I usually try to be as invisible as possible, especially when traveling abroad.)

2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?
I think that I'm in the middle. Meaning that I usually take too much. I wish that I was much more of a "Rick Steves" or a "Globe Trekker" packer ... but what if I want to wear my flip-flops? The truth is that I've been traveling by car in recent years, and that lets me be much more flexible with my wish list. ;)

3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you?
Hate is a learned concept. Before they learn it, children can love unconditionally with abandon. It's so freeing.

4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?
Don't give up. (Or move to West Texas, and get a job in about 15 seconds. It might not be in your "field of study," but they do pay in American dollars.)

5. What's your favorite lemon something?
Mmmmmm .... just thinking about the possibilities is making my mouth water. Do I have to pick just one?  Lemon is so integral to so many things that I love. But, my favorite has to be lemon-butter sauce. Tangy-tart-salty-sweet turns things into luscious deliciousness.

6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear?
My favorite would be a nice pair of pumps with a elegant sculptured heel. Can I wear them anymore? No, but I would love to again. Drop dead sexy.

7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?Again the "best"?  That would have to be that feeling of delicious exhaustion at the end of the day draped on a deck chair or lounger, after playing in the waves and the sun, feeling the cool breeze coming off the water and you listen to the sound of the waves. Bliss.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a bright, bright sunshiney day!

12 comments:

I can't wear heels...they kill my feet! I sure can use the added inches they give me, though. Love your answer for #3...something I hadn't thought about, but is so very true.

I actually prefer traveling by car, especially since no matter how small the bag, there's the computer and cooler and... :)

I think I'm the only woman in the world who doesn't like shoes at all. Never found a pair that was sexy or comfortable to me. --shrugs--

I totally agree with you about lemon! It's such an important ingredient in so many fabulous things!

Unfortunately, heels kill my feet now too. *pouts* But, I still think they're pretty. :)

It wasn't until I was thinking about this question that I realized that I may like lemon more than ... Dare I say it? More than ... Chocolate! Not on its own, but I definitely use it more often (though not usually with butter). lol

I had a witty comment, but I'm so flummoxed by "more than chocolate" that I've forgotten it....

I could probably eat anything if it was covered in lemon butter!
Yeah, I can't wear the cute or sexy shoes either, darn it.

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. ;)

Barefoot can be good too. :)

"C'est Moi Trois" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors to here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/05/sites-to-see_11.html

My mom taught me to pack very casually. She also taught me that you can find a laundromat just about anywhere you go. And if it turns out you need something dressier, you can probably find a department store to get what you need.

Ssculpted heelsses on shoesses! We likess that very much, preciouss.

Post a Comment