1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?
Other people who think that they're the center of the universe and expect everyone else to accommodate them. (I usually try to be as invisible as possible, especially when traveling abroad.)
2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?
I think that I'm in the middle. Meaning that I usually take too much. I wish that I was much more of a "Rick Steves" or a "Globe Trekker" packer ... but what if I want to wear my flip-flops? The truth is that I've been traveling by car in recent years, and that lets me be much more flexible with my wish list. ;)
3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you?
Hate is a learned concept. Before they learn it, children can love unconditionally with abandon. It's so freeing.
4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?
Don't give up. (Or move to West Texas, and get a job in about 15 seconds. It might not be in your "field of study," but they do pay in American dollars.)
5. What's your favorite lemon something?
Mmmmmm .... just thinking about the possibilities is making my mouth water. Do I have to pick just one? Lemon is so integral to so many things that I love. But, my favorite has to be lemon-butter sauce. Tangy-tart-salty-sweet turns things into luscious deliciousness.
6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear?
My favorite would be a nice pair of pumps with a elegant sculptured heel. Can I wear them anymore? No, but I would love to again. Drop dead sexy.
7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?Again the "best"? That would have to be that feeling of delicious exhaustion at the end of the day draped on a deck chair or lounger, after playing in the waves and the sun, feeling the cool breeze coming off the water and you listen to the sound of the waves. Bliss.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a bright, bright sunshiney day!