Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday, August 29, 2013 - ,,, 2 comments

Don't Delay

Last week when I was trying to psych myself up to go ahead with something. I looked to the internet for inspiration, and I found some good stuff.  One of them was this quote by Og Mandino. It seemed to have an answer for all my excuses for delay.

If taken to extreme, it could cause disastrous results due to a lack of prior planning.  On the other hand, those of us who may suffer from the paralysis of analysis would do well to take note.


I've become so inspired that I can hardly wait to figure out what I'm going to do next!

2 comments:

Here's a quick hint to avoid procrastination and the disasters of incomplete planning. Use the act now mantra to kick start each of your steps.

Act now - figure out your next project.

Act now - put your plan together.

Act now - get your resources organized.

Act now - do the task.

This works for me, as I can get side tracked by the things directly in front of me instead of keeping an eye on the things that are coming up.

Spontaneously acting now can be good for an impromptu road trip, but you still have to remember to put gas in the car and pack and maybe know where you'll find a motel and some food if you stray too far from home!

LOL Good point and good advice. I'm pretty good at the planning part, but when it came time to what I wasn't as confident about ... Delay, delay, delay. Good news, I'm feeling more confident. :)

Post a Comment