Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - , 3 comments

Hodgepodge

Guess what! I'm back. Both reason why was gone and why I might be able to be back more often will be found in this week's hodgepodge answers. Thank You Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for hosting this game every week!

1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?

Yesterday? lol In February really I had a number of projects all coming together the same time. And I had a few worries as well. Then there was a bingo fundraiser at church in Valentine's Day, and all of the publicity stuff had to be done immediately! Then I hit the wall and got sick. After that it seems that I knew everything was beyond my capacity to control, and my attitude has completely changed. Now,I don't know whether im living in denial, or if things really are better, but I feel better!

2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going?  Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?

I've never been to a Mardi Gras celebration like in New Orleans or anything like that, but I've been to Mardi Gras parties. I love jewel tones so that includes all those colors. My wardrobe house probably more purple in it than anything else. My house has a lot of greens in it but its more subdued with shades like sage and olive green.

3. Are you old fashioned?

It's the simplest questions it provides the most complicated answers. The answer is yes and no. I would say that I'm traditional in many of my viewpoints.

I like women to wear stockings and to have sleeves on their shirts. I like traditional decor and fashion. However I strongly believe in equal rights for women and racial equality and freedom of religion and lots of other progressive things. 

I would not consider myself politically liberal or conservative. I cherry pick the things I like from each of those groups, but I don't like to force my views on other people. I consider that very traditional in this age of everybody screaming at each other from there polarized positions with no one listening to anyone else. I think that listening and civilized debate is very important. I would consider that very traditional as well.

I don't mind technology. I'm composing this post on the cell phone. However, everything's changing faster than I can adapt. Course just the other day I heard about some old letters written about the time of the Civil War. That was a time of great technological changes well, and letters Illustrated how the people were struggling with how fast everything was changing them too so.

We all seem to think that we're living in the most terrible craziest of times. When kids don't listen to their elders or are to self centered, we seem to feel that they are at risk of being the worst generation ever. It wasn't true when we were kids, and its not true now. The kids now are having to adapt to situations and technologies we could not have imagined at their age, so they're doing the best they can, and they'll be fine. I can suppose that that line of reasoning isn't traditional at all. But it is based on a study of history, so that could be described as traditional. So, am I old fashioned? The answer is yes and no.

4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?

I carefully plan my vacation with scheduled time for spontaneity. :)

5.  March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?

Presuming we're not talking about chocolate sauce, I would say hollandaise with lemon butter as a close second. My favorite things for that would be on some lovely broiled salmon. Mmmmm.

6.  What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?

Love lost. Animals being injured. Children being injured. The pain is so overwhelming on the last two that I have to look away. Because I avoid it so intently, people seem to get the impression the I'm hard or cold when the reason for the behavior is for the exact opposite.

7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?

I couldn't even begin to imagine it, so I'll have to pass on this one.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

After waiting for a very long time, I finally got a new cell phone. It it has a feature that I could have never imagined I would work as well as it does. I have done this entire post with voice recognition software. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it is a thousand times better then the last time I tried to use any kind of voice recognition thing. Its really amazing. 

And I never had an iPhone or anything like that, so I'm not familiar with Suri, so this is probably old news for most of you. This version works with the command "okay Google now," and I can ask it about anything, and it'll provide me an answer (besides typing blog posts for me-lol).

Henry Kissinger was just on Charlie Rose, and I asked it how old Henry Kissinger is, and he's 90 by the way. Unbelievable. Both, about his age and how sharp is brain still is. Gosh, I should be so lucky, and the fact that I practically had the answer as fast as I could form a question. Simply amazing.

And it also means that I can run on and on to answer these questions with very little effort. If I can post like this all the time, I might go back to doing a little more often. I can do this even after a long hard day. The bad news is though that my posts will probably be long and rambling, but the spelling is much better. I didn't have to look up "Henry Kissinger" once.

Can you tell that I'm a little excited. Hopefully, for all of us, it'll wear off soon.


3 comments:

I'm with you on the politics! Everyone is so vocal and loud and angry. Civility in that arena seems lost. I love my iphone. I saw a poster on Facebook that said if someone from the past came back to present day what would be hardest to explain. The answer-I have a device in my pocket capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to take pictures of my cat and get in arguments with strangers ' Ha! So true! : )

You do know it's a requirement to name your Google Genie, right? Mine is Eleanor, cuz she's smart, confident, and a little intimidating. Much like my idea of Eleanor Roosevelt.

Joyce: If any of us was transported to the Middle Ages with a full charge on our phones, we'd be burned at the stake for witchcraft. lol

Pam: Okay, now to come up with the proper name. Mwahahahaha!

Post a Comment