Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - , 2 comments

I Pity the April Fool - Hodgepodge

Showing my age lines in my little tribute to Mr. T in the title there. But, now on with the Hodgepodge! Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond once again has provided an interesting variety of questions. Come and play!



1. Since these questions are posting on the first day of April it seems only right to ask-when was the last time you did something foolish? If you can't answer that one, try this one-when was the last time someone fooled you?
"Foolish" is such a relative term. Almost anything I am doing at any particular moment could be considered foolish. The last big ticket item might be taking an antihistamine when I went to bed late on a Saturday night a couple weeks ago, which caused me to sleep through my alarm. I woke up just as the first worship service at my church was ending. (Yes, I was suppose to be there. lol) I'll tell you one thing though. I got there within 10 minutes, in time to be there for my Youth Group's Sunday school class. :)

2. What's the last biography or non-fiction book you've read? Was it any good?
It was inevitably some sort of ministry book. I read a lot of those, and I have many more on my shelf to read. I'm looking forward to Mark Batterson's All In. But for pleasure, I'm not so into non fiction. I've done a lot of studying and research about all sorts of things. When I want to escape my day-to-day world, I bury myself in fiction.

3. Garlic-friend or foe? What's your favorite dish made with garlic?
Oh, garlic is my friend! I love garlic. Its in almost everything I cook to some degree. A favorite is a marinated chicken dish that's immersed in all sorts of Italian seasonings. saute it in a little butter, and whether you put it in a store bought alfredo sauce or simply with rice. The sweet and salty tangy combo makes my mouth water.

4. Several Spring flower festivals happen in the US during the month of April. Of those listed, which would you most like to see in person...The Skagit Tulip Festival in Skagit Washington, The Dogwood Arts Festival in Knoxville Tennessee, The North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington North Carolina or the Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket Island, Massachussets?
I would go for the Dogwood Festival in Knoxville because it's so close to where my mother lives. I also love the way Dogwood blossoms just seem to float in the air. I remember the Azalea festivals in South Carolina, and they are certainly beautiful there. However, the scheduling can be tricky. Mother Nature doesn't always cooperate. Peak Week could often be weeks different from when the festival were scheduled.

5. How do you choose which blogs to read? What is something that will make you stop and read every time? Something that makes you say, 'eh, think I'll skip this one and move on to the next'?
A huge determining factor is whether the author responds to comments. If they do, and we can develop a relationship, it's like getting a phone call from a friend. Of course I want to see what they have to say.

6. April is National Mathematics Education Month so tell us, when did you last use math?
Well, if we're talking arithmetic, then its all the time. This afternoon I was working on a video for a Sunday worship service, and I needed to know how long a particular clip should last. I also had to make sure that I wasn't late for my dance class, so I had to figure out how much time I had left. I don't often find myself confronted by the scenarios in High School word problems, but I have always found math to be my friend.

7. In honor of the A-Z challenge kicking off on April 1...choose one word beginning with the letter A to describe your yesterday.
"Accomplished," I got everything done on my To-Do list. :)

8. Insert your own random thought here.
“I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing.” – Rabbi Hillel

2 comments:

Accomplished is such a good feeling. Enjoyed reading all of your answers! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Debby: Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a great week too. :)

Post a Comment