Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hodgepodge

It's the 180th Edition of the Hodgepodge!  It's a weekly meme hosted by the beautiful and gracious Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. Here we go!

1.  Speaking of 180...when was the last time you 'did a 180' on something? It was probably when I had to make a u-turn when I forgot something at the office. lol

2. It's Independence Week in the US of A! What's your favorite thing about America right this very minute? Favorites only! Let's hear what you love about America. This is a hard one because there are so many things to pick. Right this very minute my favorite thing about the good ol US of A is that I could spontaneously hop in my car and drive a couple of towns down the road to favorite restaurant. Freedom of movement and travel is a glorious thing.

Yes, I still have this car, and yes, I still love it!

3. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream, or blueberry pie? There is only one set that isn't highly variable, watermelon. I suppose generally my preference is stripes, but if we're talking about red white and blue, I find the stars more striking. And I love the colors red, white, and blue, but I usually only wear them together on patriotic holidays.


4. When did you last see stars, figuratively speaking? When I was ill. When I would lay down and close my eyes, a little woozy, I may have seen stars.

5.  'Clear as a bell', 'with bells on',  'lots of bells and whistles', 'saved by the bell'...which phrase 'rings' truest for you lately?  Have you ever seen The Liberty Bell? I haven't seen the Liberty Bell, but the phrase that rings true for me lately would be clear as a bell. One of my favorite things about living in the dryer climate like Idaho, or West Texas for that matter, is the clear blue skies that seems to be practically permanently present. Something about looking at them brings me joy and peace.

Not absolutely clear sky, but just look at it.

Those times in West Texas when clouds actually make the sky more beautiful!
6. Are you caught up in World Cup fever? Have you watched a lot or a little or none at all? I have not caught the fever. My favorite part is watching Jimmy Kimmel's Play of the Day. This primarily involves putting the ball back and play, and it immediately going back out of bounds. I have to admit it always makes me laugh.


7. Bid farewell to June in 10 words or less. Oh June, so glad I could enjoy your summery ways.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. I was very pleased that the Supreme Court could have some unanimous decisions this season. The ruins may have been narrow, but they were able to find common ground. Okay Washington D.C., they've proved it could be done. Acknowledge the humanity of people with whom you may disagree vehemently, but find some common ground. That's the only way we're going to move forward as a nation.

Have a great 4th of July no matter where in the world you are!

2 comments:

My grandparents lived in Colo and NM and one thing I remember about our visits there is the enormous clear blue sky! Have a happy 4th!

Joy: I can get absolutely hypnotized by it. Happy 4th to you too! :)

Post a Comment