1. Joyce is celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not?
It sounds like our friend, Douglas, associated action with youth and inaction as age. From what I know of him, I'm not surprised that he would think that, but I don't necessarily agree with that relationship. So, I don't agree with it, but that doesn't mean that I think its opposite is true either.
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
On September 5, 1698 - Russian Tsar Peter the Great imposes a tax on beards.
Found at HisotryOrb.com.
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'
Yeah, that's one of those sayings that never made any sense to me. I have now looked it up on Wikipedia, and I understand it better. I always thought of it as a torturous dilemma. You could look at what you desire, but you could never use it or interact with it in the way in which you desire. In truth, it's more like you can't save money if you're spending it (which is completely contradictory to another saying, but that's another story). I realize that I haven't answered the question, but the truth is I don't know. lol
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
Dancing makes me feel young. Teenagers made me feel old.
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?
Getting into my apartment after I broke the house key in the lock, on Sunday morning. I was afraid that I would be locked out of my apartment, but the key had not been drawn out at all. Everything was still lined up. I was able to unlock the door with a flathead screwdriver from my car. (And yes, the lock has since been fixed.)
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
Trees, gardens, friends, favorite music
7. If Joyce were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should she give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
Hmmmm ... That's a good question. Joyce takes so many great pictures. I would say an 8x10 of a favorite (your selection).
8. Insert your own random thought here.