Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - ,,, No comments

Dancing with the Stars Is Back!


Dancing with the Stars is back this week. What is it ... Season 19? That's really something. However, you have to remember that they effectively do two seasons a year, one in the fall and one in the spring. With around 13 "stars" per go-around, it's understandable that they've had to expand their definition of "star." To be fair, in the beginning they had a pretty lose definition, too. That was before it became an instant career revitalizer.

I'm not sure how faithfully I'm going to follow along this season. I really didn't like a number of the changes that the producers made to the show in the spring. As I watched the show last night, I noticed that most of them have remained.

What I used to do is wait to watch for several weeks. Then, I could focus primarily on the dancing and forget about their silly rules. I'll have to wait and see. I guess they're doing a results show tonight, Tuesday. I won't be able to see that because ... I'll be teaching a dance class.

Of course, the reason I can teach it is the surge in popularity of ballroom dancing, which is a direct result of the popularity of ... Dancing with the Stars. And we come full circle. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment