Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 14 comments

Three Word Thursday #11

This is hosted @ Quilly's Pacific Paradise, and we use antique words in (hopefully) wild and wonderful ways. Stop by Quilly's place to check out all of the creative geniuses.

This week's words:
  • antediluvian adj 1: of or relating to the period before the flood described in the Bible; 2a: made, evolved, or developed a long time ago b: extremely primitive or outmoded
  • prolix adj 1: unduly prolonged or drawn out : too long; 2: marked by or using an excess of words; synonyms see WORDY
  • ineluctable adj : not to be avoided, changed, or resisted : INEVITABLE

The Misadventures of Malcontent Myrtle Macintosh

Myrtle stalked into her bedroom divesting herself of jewelry and garments and throwing them onto the bed with a fury. How dare that man speak to her in such a condescending manner! As if, she didn’t have a right to let her hair down on occasion. It wasn’t like she did frequently. The last time must have been in an antediluvian age. Then to wake with him looking down on her, demanding an account like that.

She supposed that it was ineluctable with the way he had been following her around all night, like he was her keeper or something. Then, her eyes narrowed and began to smolder as a mischievous smile crept over her face. She would show him. Something that would shock him into silence rather than having to endure one of his prolix lectures. Perhaps, she could get some fun out of this, after all.

(Previous Episode)

The Week Twelve words will be: paladin, intransigent, & invidious

14 comments:

Oh, boy, I can't wait to see what she does. perfect use of the words.

Oooh mon Cherie' (feeble attempt at french) I cannot wait to see her execute her womanly wiles :). Great story and use of the words :)

And that picture looks so much like Bette Davis. Perfect portrayer for Myrtle

Well done again. I am enjoying every chapter.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. The poor man had better run for cover!

Nessa: I've been having the poor woman sleeping on the couch for the past three weeks. I think I'm going to have to deliver for next time. lol

Thom x 2: Trés bien monsieur! You seem quite smitten with the idea of Myrtle being a vixen, and thus far, I've given you so little to go on. (And, btw, the photo is of Katherine Hepburn, but she does look quite the siren in it, doesn't she.) :)

Dr. John: You're the master of the continuing story. :)

Quilly: Good advice. His love just might be put to the test. ;)

Uh-oh... I sense trouble coming... Look forward to seeing what Myrtle gets herself into.

I am waiting to to find out what she has planned for him.

I'd say that man is in one big lot of trouble. Never make a woman mad like that. LOL.

Thanks for your visits to my blog.

Love it! These are so creative!

Raven: It could get exciting.

Betty: So am I! LOL

Alice: I'm not sure who's the one getting into trouble. ;)

Stacy: Thanks so much! :)

Oh dear! It almost sounds as if I have known that man!
I enjoyed your mellifluous writing, and I'm looking forward to read more!

Call it a man thing. She just comes off that way for some reason to me :)

ah, these continuing stories are such teasers! can't wait to find out what happens next.
great writing.

Post a Comment