Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 11 comments

Saturday 9: Let's Go to Bed

It’s Saturday 9 time! Check ‘em out!

I can't believe that it's Saturday again already. This week has been a blur, and next week promises to be even more so. But I won't bore you with that (at least not right now). LOL In the meantime ...

Saturday 9: Let's Go to Bed

1. Has a relationship been effected by how one of you slept? I don't think so.

2. What side of the bed do you sleep on? It has varied over the years. I'm currently sleeping in a single bed in my cell (as in a monastic cell as opposed to prison), so you could really say that I sleep on both sides of the bed right now. ;)

3. Do you sleep on your back, side, or stomach? Usually, go to sleep on my side and wake to find that I've been sleeping on my stomach. Weird. lol

4. Describe the bedding on your bed right now. How does it change with the seasons? Are you particular about your pillows or linens? Sheets and a bed spread at the moment. What would you like to know? They've been washed recently, so I suppose that's a good thing. lol I would really love some satin sheets. It has to do with the previous question. Bed clothes seem to get all twisted in the night. Seems like that would be less of a problem with satin sheets. But this is just a theory as I've never had them before. LOL

5. When sleeping with someone, do you hog the bed, steal covers, or snore? I don't think so, but since I'm asleep, I can't tell you for sure.

6. What do you wear to bed? If it varies, explain. For most of the last 30 years, it's been in the all-together. We're back to question three and four again with the bed clothes getting all twisted in the night. However, I figured that my cell-mate wouldn't really care for that. So, considering that I don't have my satin sheets yet, I'm going for a satin nightgown. I'd still like to test out the sheets. Then, I might be able to wear something warmer for the winter. Though the adventure of wearing satin with satin sheets could be like a carnival ride. :)

7. No matter how much you love someone, would you [sometimes] rather [be] alone? I admit it. I added some words to this question, so that it would make more sense to me. Having been alone for a very long time, I'd rather not perpetually be alone. However, habits of a lifetime are hard to break, so I'm sure that I'd need some alone time no matter how desperately I loved someone.

8. Tell us about a time when you awoke in bed, saw the person next to you and thought, "Oh, no..." No, I've never blacked out about the night before. I've always been well aware of who was sharing my bed. ;)

9. Tell us about a time when you awoke thinking it was a different day than it was. The one that stands out most in my memory was when I was getting ready to come back to the States from Paris. I figured out exactly when I needed to get up the next morning and leave the hotel to get to the airport at the right time. I decided to take a little nap before getting dinner. When I finally woke up, it was like an hour and a half after when I decided that I needed to leave for the airport. I scurried around the room throwing things into my bag praying that I wouldn't miss my flight. I like to get to the airport with plenty of time, so I thought that I still might be able to make it. I had CNN International on in the background, and something about one of the news reports caught my attention. Wait! What day is this? I think it's still last night? The sun was going down, not up. Whew! Plenty of time. It was funny ... later. LOL :)


Have a great weekend! :)

11 comments:

I've had satin sheets and found them too slippery. I like Egyptian cotton sheets with the highest thread count I can afford (600 right now.) These are so smooth and soft.

Atta girl Larisa...change the question to fit your needs. LOL. And your #9 is exactly what the question was going for. Excellent answer. Satin sheets you want hmmm? I think those would be pretty slippery to sleep on...but hey, that's just good old Spike :) MWAH

Interesting meme. I hate satin sheets. You just can't sleep on them.
Boy that Paris business would have given me a heart attack.

Nessa: I agree that 600 thread count Egyptian cotton feels heavenly. Unfortunately, I still wake up in knots with it. Which, when I'm back to living alone won't be a problem. :)

Spike: I need some adventure in my life that allows me to be horizontal without getting in trouble with the church. LOLOLOL :D I'll be sure to report. I won't be surprised if it includes my own trip to the ER.

Dr. John: I'm one of those people who always has to learn something the hard way. I've been considering it for months, and I'll admit that now the curiosity has gotten to me.

ROFLMAO...That is just too funny. Been there done that. Spike didn't like it ROFLMAO

Satin sheets are just fine unless you want your covers and pillows to stay on the bed, and you don't want to have to hang on to the headboard all night.

#6 -- it's a very short ride with a big bump at the end.

#8 -- when my nephew was a baby I happily let him climb in my bed -- and then he wet it.

Quilly: So you're saying that my dream of not waking up in tangled up knots is a fantasy, eh? LOLOL Like I told Dr. John, I've always had to learn things the hard way. :)

I once slid right off of satin sheets!!
and another time flannel sheets gave me such a rash that I looked hideous for days

pretty pictures eh? ;)

Satin sheets are hot and not in the good way. I love crisp cool cotton sheets!

Your answer to number 9 was funny. Paris... that must have been nice.

Jennifer: One thing I can say about Paris without restraint, the food was marvelous! The rest, I think I need more practice. Now, if I can just get someone to sponsor me. ;)

Post a Comment