Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday, January 08, 2010 - 9 comments

Saturday 9 - Call Me

It's Saturday 9 time! Check 'em out!

Saturday 9: Call Me

1. Who is someone that phones you routinely that you never seem to be up to talk to, but you are not ready to push them out of your life?
I really don't have anyone like that. I really don't talk to too many people on the phone with any regularity.
2. What is something that effects you deeply, to your core, no matter your mood or what else is going on in your life?
Public humiliation. It can come in a variety of different ways. It can be as simple as someone tripping on the sidewalk, practical jokes, or reality tv shows. It always hurts me.
3. Tell us of something that relaxes you and always makes you happy.
Ballroom/Latin dancing ... works every time. :)
4. If you could take the train from anywhere to anywhere, where would 'anywhere' be?
From Paris to Istambul, the original ending points of the Orient Express. Sadly, the train route no longer exists, according to Wikipedia.
5. If you could look into the future, how far down the road would you like to see? 10 years? 100 years? A million?
My future? The world's? The answer would be different depending. If it was for me, I'd be tempted to look 10 years ahead. However, I'm not sure that I would want to know my future. Could I change it? Is is locked in? If it's locked in, what if I didn't like it? I would rather not know. To see where the world is going, I might like to see what the world's like in 100 years. I'm rather confident (and hopeful) that I wouldn't be around then. lol
6. Did you do your shopping online for this Christmas, how did it go? Did things come in on time? Any significant failures? ...and if you didn't, will you consider trying online shopping sometime this year?
I usually do a fair amount of my Christmas shopping online, but I didn't this year due to last minuteness of it all this year. (To be honest, it's always close to last minute, but this was a bit closer than usual. lol) Hopefully, next year, I'll do better, which means that I'll definitely be shopping online again next year.
7. What people or projects are worth your time, money or effort?
Hmmm ... A surprisingly deep question and oddly phrased. The answer is in how I spend my time and my money. I would say that means following the path that God has set me on, which right now means going to seminary, my family, and my friends.
8. Think back when you were in high school. Are you proud of the way you dressed, or do you wish you could go back and change it all?
Proud? It was in keeping with the preppy style of the 80's. When I look back at pictures, I rather like how I looked back then. (A much higher opinion than I had of my "look" at the time.)
9. Do any of your friends, family or co-workers know about your blogs? For those that do, did you tell them or have they stumbled upon it by themselves?
They know, but they don't look at it. (At least as far as I know.) I told them about it, but most of them aren't really online all that much. Ah well, I guess it means that I could talk about them more. ;)
That's all for now ... Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

ROFLMAO!!! Tripping on the sidewalk...Too funny. Spike likes the idea of the Orient Express...or another one would be the Polar Express WOOT!!! You know my family is just like yours. They know about my blog but don't read it. Oh well. Good to see you do a post my dear sweet one :) MWAH!!!

Spike: With as cold as things have been around here, I don't even want to THINK about anything "polar"! LOL Mwah! xoxo

My family knows about my blogs. One of my sister reads them off and on.

Never having been on a train, I would be thrilled to ride one most anywhere!

Quilly: Trains go through countryside that can be far away from the main roads, so you can see a lot of different views. (Though usually through the worst parts of cities. I can't imagine why. lol)

Great post, Cherie! You won't be around in 100 years?? LOL! Like, you, I too, would hope to not be around in 100 years. *shudder* But it would be great to find out how things turn out. One can only hope the world would be a better place. Look how far we've come in the last 100 years. . .

Interesting answers to some very difficult questions.
Im with you on number 2. It is one of the reasons I don't watch reality shows.

Lisa: I guess that's why I'm interested in what it'll be like then. The people of 1911 could never have imagined the way the world is today. On the other hand, it's amazing how many things are the same. lol

Dr. John: Yeah, I really HATE reality shows (at least the public humiliation part).

came by to say hi
Hope says thanks

did you change your layout in the past few days?
seems brighter - and well different

have a good weekend

Dianne: Hi there! Yes, I did just update the theme here. Decided that the other one looked too Christmas-y. I know that I should just stick with one, but I can't help it. lol

Post a Comment