Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 3 comments

Oooo La La!


It's time for a little silliness. I got this meme from my friend, the beautiful and talented Dianne. Even though the rules call for it, she doesn't tag people for memes. She just said that if you feel so inclined, play the game. That sounds good to me, so if it feels good, do it. I can't be bothered by arbitrary rules that are inconvenient. What about you? Anyway, here's the deal ...

Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 46. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The closest book, not the coolest, or the one you think will sound the best. THE CLOSEST!!!

I saw a girl sitting on a stone bench near; she was bent over a book, on the perusal of which she seemed intent: from where I stood I could see the title -- it was Rassalas; a name that struck me as strange, and consequently attractive. In turning a leaf she happened to look up, and I said to her directly --

"Is your book interesting?" I had already formed the intention of asking her to lend it to me some day.

"I like it," she answered, after a pause of a second or two, during which she examined me.

"What is it about?" I continued. I hardly know where I found the hardihood thus to open a conversation with a stranger; the step was contrary to my nature and habits: but I think her occupation touched a chord of sympathy somewhere; for I too liked reading, though of a frivolous and childish kind; I could not digest or comprehend the serious or substantial.

Of course I would choose a book that has the longest sentences in the world, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. lol But as far as I can tell, it's all legal. No wonder I talk and write like I do. I started off reading books like this! :)

Want to play? You get to wear sexy black stockings! :)

3 comments:

cool!!

I love Jane Eyre, I think I read it twice and may read it again now that it's fresh in my mind

I did this one too, and my sentences also referenced books. Seems like a bit of serendipity.

Dianne - That's like my favorite book in the world since the very first time I read it. I think it was in highschool. It wasn't even for a class. I just checked it out of the library. I don't know what possessed me. :)

Travis - I sense a conspiracy. LOL

Post a Comment