Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 6 comments

Friday's Fave Five



There's many different of incarnations of these about. Like they say, "A good idea is a good idea." I don't know. I guess that I liked the little twist on this one (and isn't the graphic cute). It's hosted by Living to Tell the Story. All you have to do is list your five favorite things from this past week. You can be as detailed or brief about it as you want.

I'm doing this a little early this week to be posted on Friday. (We'll see how that goes. lol) And a one ... and a two ...

  1. Doing my Portrait of Words story. Made me feel like I accomplished something. Made me feel creative. And then I got to see how all the other people interpreted their stories. That was so cool
  2. Going to Fort Davis. It's a little town in West Texas where they have a real live Old West fort! It's being renovated. I'm afraid that I haven't downloaded the pictures from my camera yet, but they really don't do the place justice. (Here's some from my last trip in August)To get there you get to drive through canyons. It's so cool to imagine pioneers making the trek west. Man, that place was just made for Apache & Comanche ambushes. No wonder they had to have a fort! The town is so cute, and it was full of families there on Spring Break.
  3. Working with my dance students. It's enthralling to see their excitement. It's so gratifying to watch them as they improve. It's such a joy to make beautiful dancers.
  4. Getting through Chronicles in my Bible study. It is quite a thrill to finish with all of those kings of Israel and Judah that both walked in the ways of the Lord and did not. But it is so comforting to know that no matter how badly and how many times I mess up ('cause these folks did it a LOT) if I turn back to God, He will always be there willing and waiting. Now, it's on to Ezra. I don't think that I've ever read any part of that book before.
  5. Getting ready to go to the dance competition. I'm kinda scared about this. I feel responsible to make sure that everything goes well. I've done everything that I'm supposed to do. It's now in the hands of others really, but I feel like I'm walking on the edge of a cliff. And I'm at a point when I'll be so glad when it's over. (Oh, that reminds me. I have to charge the battery in my camera! Not sure why it reminded me, but it's a good thing that it did. lol) Why is this a fav? It's the culmination of a year's worth of work. It's neat to be able to go, and if all goes well (fingers crossed), my students will have a wonderful experience that they'll remember for the rest of their lives. And if we're lucky, they'll get a couple 1st place trophies too. ;)
Just writing this has become a fav for this week. It really helps to put a crazy week into perspective. See you Sunday!

6 comments:

Great Five Things. I'm going to join this I believe. I think it's great to watch students, or just kids for that matter tackle something and accomplish it. And I really like the thought of putting the past week into perspective :)

enjoy the dance - just enjoy :)

I used to feel that way before the big debate tournament. I had done all I could and now it was up to my students.

Lots of great fun faves.

Thom: Yeah, it's a great perspective checker if you can find the format that works best for you.

Dianne: Thanks! It was great fun! :)

Dr. John: I only had to remind myself to breathe a couple of times. lol

Nessa: Thanks!

I love the Old testament and Chronicles always reminds me of God's miraculous ways!

Post a Comment