Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday, October 14, 2011 - , 7 comments

Five on Friday - Bobby Darin

I'm feeling musically inclined today, so I thought that I'd play along. This is a fun little thing that Travis puts together over at Trav's Thoughts. Believe it or not this is the 90th Eddition! Way to go Trav!

Between his selections of "I Like Dreaming" and a song by James Darren, I started thinking about Bobby Darin. Man, that guy had a wide range of styles. When I was looking up songs, I almost had a playlist of songs that were inaccurately credited to Bobby like "Robin Robin" and "Runaround Sue." Great songs to be sure, but not sung by good ol' Bobby.

But now, without further adieu ...



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Welcome to 5 on Friday. We can always use more. My favorite Bobby Darin song was the one that closed his live shows: The Curtain Falls which unfortunately isn't on You Tube, but the link is a good version of it.

Jamie: Thanks so much! That song is great. :)

Bobby Darin -- yeah! I wish they still made music like this.

It has been a while since I've heard these great Bobby Darin hits.thank you.

Quilly: There's still a few of them out there: Michael Buble, Jaime Cullum, Robbie Williams, and if you're feeling especially jazzy Diana Krall. I might have to make a special play list just for you. :)

Mike: Glad you enjoyed them. I'm just about to head over to your place to see your selection for this week.

So cool and so smooth. I always enjoy a round of Bobby Darin.

Travis: He was an incredible talent. I was reading his bio, and he was just a great entertainer all around.

Post a Comment