Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 10 comments

Saturday 9


This week’s entry did not enthrall me, so I snatched a previous entry. Hey! I can’t live by your rules! And frankly, if you have to live by someone else’s rules on your own blog, what’s the point, right? LOL

Saturday 9: Inside the Actors Studio

The host of the famous Bravo series, actor, professor, and host James Lipton asks actors these 9 questions (among many others). Today we will ask you those questions!

1. What is your favorite word?
Oh, that is a very hard one for me. I love words. To pick just one? I don’t know if I can do it … After conducting a kind of lottery drawing, today’s winner is: effervescent. Just saying it sounds fun … \ˌe-fər-ˈves-sənt\ You can just imagine the bubbles in a glass of champagne or that kind of person who makes you happy to be in their presence.

2. What is your least favorite word?
You mean the ones that can be said aloud in polite society? I would have to say the word hate. There is so much negative power in that word. All of those words that I referenced that shouldn’t be said in “polite society” have their basis in hate (even the ones that make claims to have some association with love). Hate is not productive. While so many people are fighting with each other in the blindness of their hate (be it through words or violence), none of the problems of the world are being solved. More people just get hurt. But what does that have to do with a simple combination of four letters? H-A-T-E When people say or even think of that word, the power of it enters the psyche. Why not try “dislike intensely?” It has a very civilizing effect. ;)

3. What turns you on, creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
Passion, not to be confused with bullying or arrogance.

4. What turns you off?
Intolerance
. Enough said.

5. What is your favorite curse word?
I do have one. I’ll have you know, but I don’t see any need to share it. lol As I’m thinking about it, two absurd ideas come to mind: A) Why is it necessary for me to convince you that I have the capacity to be “bad?” B) Why don’t I want to answer the question openly? What difference does it make?

6. What sound or noise do you love?
I love the sound of birds and the whisper of a breeze in the leaves. Adding the sound of running water in a stream nearby wouldn’t be bad either.


7. What sound or noise do you hate?
Oh, you mean, "dislike intensely?" LOL The sound of “music” coming from speakers so loud that it makes my windows vibrate. How can the "listener" hear after repeated exposure to that sort of thing?

8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
I have attempted so many. I know that it’s not really a profession, but it would be wife.


9. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Everything is all right now. You’ve made it. Welcome Home!"


Have a great weekend! :)

10 comments:

If house wife isn't a profession -- and it mustn't be since I have another -- then why do I have to work so hard at it?!

I think I could live and blog by your rules, because your rule seems to be, bennd the rules to suit yourself, and that's always been my very most favorite rule of all!

I can so hear that loud music, especially in the cars that are passing you and I think...how can you even hear yourself think. Bending rules is always the best. Great list :)

Quilly: Maybe it's more of a calling. Now, if I could just get someone to call me. LOL :)

Thom: Rules can be good, but merely following other people's arbitrary rules for their own sake is folly. It took me a long time to learn that ... getting mad because it seemed like the only person who was following the rules was me. But I still don't go over the speed limit. ;)

I don't make a bit of watching that program, but I do enjoy it sometimes when I stumble across it.

I don't really have a favorite word either, but a word I like is noodles because it has a funny sound. My least favorite word would be intolerance.

I get turned on by good writing, and turned off by bigotry.

I don't have a favorite curse word. I employ the judicious use of the curse word that seems appropriate to the situation.

I've never wanted children, but I do love the sound of childish giggles. I dislike the sound of derisive yelling.

As to professions, I wanted to be a football player or a Marine.

Travis: I rarely watch it either as I don't have cable. LOL And, you're right "noodle" is a fun sounding word. :)

I like the answer to number nine. It makes one feel good .

I always find the answers to the last question most interesting, especially since they usually have the greatest variety.

Dr. John: I'm glad. :)

Nessa: I imagine they do! :)

I decided to do it just for you

1 - serendipity
2 - no
3 - honesty
4 - ignorance
5 - my wonderful "f" word
6 - children, especially babies, lauging
7 - car brakes squealing
8 - teacher
9 - "and you thought we didn't notice ..."

Dianne: Serendipity was actually in the lottery drawing for me. lol

Post a Comment