Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 3 comments

The Delight of Ariel Tweto

If you don't "know" Ariel Tweto, she is on the Discovery show Flying Wild Alaska. It was a show that was on from time to time when I was "forced" to watch cable. ;)

From time to time, she does the talk show thing to publicize the show. Every time I see her, I think that she's an absolute delight. She is so completely real and herself that I can't help but be charmed by her.

Here she is on last week's Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.



She's not self-conscious or guarded. Even if she does something that she realizes is a bit ditzy, she doesn't appologize for it or try. She owns it.

So many of us will do anything to avoid looking foolish. Trip over a curb, both literally and figuratively? We instantly will do things that say to anyone watching, "I meant to do that." Everybody knows, and we ending up looking even more foolish.

I admire Ms. Tweto. I wish I were so self-confident. She is a delight.

3 comments:

I don't mind being silly on purpose, but I have a hard time looking silly by accident. But it's like you say, everyone knows you tripped over the chalk line, so you might as well own it.

You've explained her charm perfectly. It's a very refreshing outlook.

Travis: Yeah, it's so tough to realize it by accident. Oy!

Joy: She's great. :)

Post a Comment