Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday, June 26, 2009 - 6 comments

Saturday 9: I Want You Back


It's Saturday 9 Time! Check 'em out for details.


Saturday 9: I Want You Back

1. Where were you when you heard that Michael Jackson died? At home talking with my friends (on the 'puter, of course).

2. How do you think that he will be remembered? Ultimately, I think that he'll be remembered for the creative genius he was, but I also think that there will be mixed emotions, much like with Elvis. As with many geniuses, he became a mad genius, who became a victim of his own success.

3. What was your favorite Jackson tune? Interestingly enough, I downloaded a Micheal Jackson song that I had been searching for. Since I hadn't heard it in so long, it is currently my favorite, "You Are Not Alone." But there are so many that I love. I was in high school at the height of his popularity. There are so many songs that I will love forever.

4. Did you watch the original Charlie’s Angels? Yes, but I'm sorry to say that I never really cared for Farrah's role, and I resented the fact that she left the show.

5. Did someone you know have that poster of Farrah? At least half the boys in my school.

6. Did you consider her battle with cancer heroic? As heroic as all of the people who have to battle the disease.

7. Were you a fan of The Tonight Show Starring Johnnie Carson? Well, sort of. It was an institution. Can "fan" be an accurate description?

8. Did you like Ed McMahon on the show? Sort of. I thought that he was very loyal, almost too much so. I only was beginning to learn the definition of "side-kick."

9. What else will you remember McMahon for? Star Search.

RIP
In Memory of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon

6 comments:

Michael Jackson -- he could sing, he could dance ... mesmerizing to watch!

Farah Fawcett -- my hair cut for 4 years of high school.

Ed McMahon -- Publisher's Clearinghouse.

Great Saturday 9 I agree with you about Charlies Angels. Not one of my favorites, but I did watch it all the time. Cheryl Ladd did a good job in taking over for her.

Those three came so fast upon each other. Kate Jackson was my favorite Angel. I hope they all find peace.

It is hard to lose people who almost seem to be relatives or at least part of our life.

Post a Comment