Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 5 comments

Unconscious Mutterings

This is on the scheduled posts while I’m in transit. If things are going according to plan, like they ever do, the movers should be coming at 9 AM to pick up my stuff. Please, pray that everything fits in my storage unit. I’m just a little bit nervous about that. (What am I worried about? I didn’t need that extra bookcase anyway, right? lol)
So today, I thought that I’d try this Unconscious Muttering thing that I found @ Bloggin’ in a Fog when I was hopping around off Thom’s (or should I say Spike’s) sidebar the other day. ;)
Here’s the background:
Free association is described as a "psychonanalytic procedure in which a person is encouraged to give free rein to his or her thoughts and feelings, verbalizing whatever comes into the mind without monitoring its content." Over time, this technique is supposed to help bring forth repressed thoughts and feelings that the person can then work through to gain a better sense of self.
That's an admirable goal, but for the purposes of this excercise, we're just hoping to have a little fun with the technique. Each week I'll post ten words to which you can respond to with the first thing that comes to mind.
"Rules are, there are no rules." There are no right or wrong answers. Don't limit yourself to one word responses; just say everything that pops into your head. AND you don't have to have your words up on Sunday. Take all week if you want! Read the FAQ for more information.
I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Death :: As I’ve been going through things, I’ve come across some things of some dearly departed loved ones. Made me miss them a bit more than usual.
  2. Identified :: Remains? (This might have something to do with the fact that the previous word was “dealth” and that I watched a murder mystery tonight.)
  3. Saturday :: I leave for the first part of my journey, to stay with my mom in Tennessee. There’s no way I’ll be ready. lol
  4. Dumped :: Wouldn’t it be great to have a dump truck? It would make moving ever so much easier. lol
  5. Division :: Please, don’t make me do math right now. My brain might explode! (Ewwww…)
  6. Stilted :: Speech
  7. Crimes of :: Passion!
  8. Stumped :: Yes, I certainly am. lol
  9. Future :: I can’t wait to get there. I have a feeling it’ll be amazing. (No, I’m not talking about flying cars though that’s good too.) I’m talking more about the next two weeks. lol
  10. Team :: Are you ready for some football? I sure am. :)
Revealing? But what? Catch you on the flip side. ;)

5 comments:

Spike here...I hope everything is on schedule my friend. At least your post posted. That's a good sign :) I love #5 and 10 WOOT :) Me too :)

I love a good crime of passion!

hope all is going as planned

Spike: Everything went great, including this scheduled post working correctly. The movers were in and out in 2 hours, and more importantly, EVERYTHING FIT into my storage unit with a little room to spare. They did such a great job.

Dianne: Yes, except that I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, even with pulling an "all nighter". But at some point I had to focus entirely on having the stuff ready for the storage unit and the movers. I was just finishing taking my bed apart when they knocked at the door 10 minutes early. (They got extra points for that.) They did a super job. See my response to Spike (aka Thom) for the details on that. :)

Nice way to share a little bit more of you. I hope the adventure is going well.

I hope your move is going well. That free association thing looks fun. I may give it a try.

Post a Comment