Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 11 comments

Saturday 9: Changes

It's Saturday 9 time! Check 'em out!

I can hardly believe that I haven't done a Saturday 9 since January! I thought that they had some very provocative questions this week. Don't know if the same could be said for my answers. lol

Saturday 9: Changes

1. Tell us about one thing that you'd change about yourself if you could.
I have to limit it to one? For the record, I don't think that's fair at all, but it'll probably be much less boring for you. If I could change one thing with a magic wand, I would be thinner. My weight has caused me a lot of heartache for a variety of reasons. But I suppose, this keeps me humble. ;)


2. Mattel decides to make a Barbie-like (or Ken-like) doll of you -- what would be the most important accessory or accessories they would absolutely have to package you with in order to portray your lifestyle?
I'm torn ... Bible ... Dance Shoes ... Bible ... Dance Shoes. The world may never know.
3. Hey, do you like surprises? If yes, what kinds?
Sure I like surprises if they're related to something I like, and they're not revealed in front of a large group of people. I don't particularly like Surprise Parties, which seem to be more about the guests/organizers rather than the "honoree," who as likely as not didn't shower that day and is in their oldest rattiest clothes, while everyone else is in their Sunday best. Now, if you want to surprise me with chocolates, diamonds, or a trip with thou to Paris, that's something I could really go for! A surprise of the love of my life showing up unannounced on my doorstep would be my fondest wish come true. Yes, I like surprises.


4. What was the last snail mail that you received that was significant?
An Easter card from my good friend Anne. That woman sends great letters. She has been such a help to me at school with her traditional correspondence. She has no idea. (Though I have tried to express my appreciation. lol)
5. If you could pick out a brand new nickname for yourself, what would you choose and why?
You know that person that I talked about showing up on my doorstep in question 3? If he decided to call me, "My Darlin' Clementine," I don't think I would mind.
6. John Edward's mistress was on Oprah this past Thursday. She stated that no third person can break up a marriage, so it had to be broken before the two started doing the nasty. Do you buy that?
I absolutely buy that. Just as it takes two to tango, it takes two to keep a relationship alive. I get very angry when the "third party" is blamed for "luring" the married person. The "third party" is not the one who made the commitment vows. It is the married individual who is responsible. Now, that doesn't mean that I think it's a good idea for single people to be sleeping with married persons, but that is different topic.

7. Do you think it is okay to keep secrets from your s/o?
Some, but not about the important things. You could ask, what are the important things? Or maybe a better way to describe it is that one shouldn't hide things from their s/o. They may not care to know that when I was 8 years old, I fell off my bike and skinned my knee. That I'm spending over $200/week in my gambling habit? That might qualify as important. I'm just sayin'. (But I'm not saying that I gamble. Money is far to scare for me to even consider such a thing. LOL)
8. Have you ever played Truth or Dare? If yes, what's the weirdest dare that you did?
It seems that I did many, many, many years ago, but I think I always went with "truth." Yes, I know. I'm a chicken. :)
9. What, in hindsight, the stupidest thing that you have ever done?
So many things to choose from!!! The night I drank 13 Kamikazes. I must say that I had a good time that night, but I found out the next morning that the wages of sin are high. LOL


That's all for now. Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

13 Kamikazes! Boy-oh-boy! I bet your head was pounding.

You are still on my prayer list. It just dawned on me to add your unknown s/o, too. Neither of us may know who he is, but God does.

Quilly: Wow! You're fast. During the summer time, I'm going to pursue that method about s/o's that you talked about so many months ago. Not as a formula, but as a way to get a better peace about it either way. (I certainly haven't forgotten your advice. :))

Thirteen kamikazes? Is there a medal for that?

I think the weight thing is top of a lot of women's lists. It is on mine.

Stacy: There actually is a medal for that, but I seemed to have misplaced it sometime that night. lol

How were the porcelain gods Larisa? LOL 13 my gosh. So it's Paris huh? One of these days I sure like to to a boogie with you :) Have a great week ahead :) xoxox

Spike: Oh, I made no offerings to the porcelain gods. It was more in the vein of realization with whom I'd spent the wee hours. ;) And name the date for Paris. It really sucked on my own. LOL

I really enjoyed those, Cherie. I'm with you on the "surprises." It all depends on what they are. ;) And I have a new-found respect for you on the Kamikazes. You can hold your liquor, girl! Three of those and I think I would have passed out.

Lisa: Well, the kamikazes weren't exactly lined up on the bar to be slammed, and these days it's more like one and I'm done. :)

13 kamikazes!!!!! wow

I loved your answer to #6 - so true and fair minded

I totally agree with you about the third party splitting up marriages. The third party is not responsible for the vows that someone else took, they have no commitment. They shouldn't persue someone married, granted, but the decision to cheat on one's spouse comes from the married person.

If I had a magic wand and a wish. I would change just one thing, my habit of procrastinating and being just too patient with everything. Oh. Oh. Maybe that's two wishes. Well thats OK.

Post a Comment