Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 12 comments

My Summer Part 3

I'll admit it, I've run out of clever titles for this series. I will happily entertain any suggestions, which is not the same thing as saying that I will act on any suggestion. lol

Okay ... And then there was all of the other stuff that sounds more like a laundry list than a story.

Let me set the scene. I finished my finals and rushed-rushed to check out of my room. They actually wanted us out by like 10 AM on the last day of finals. Totally, unreasonable in my opinion. I know why, and that's because they had people coming on Monday who needed those rooms. They needed to be made ready for them, and obviously, that couldn't be done if there were students still using them. However, I got a reprieve of one day, and I left on Saturday the 8th of May.

Within days of arriving at my mother's, I was house-sitting for a week with a golden-retriever who belongs to two retired people and is not used to being alone. She stuck pretty close to me to make sure that I wasn't going anywhere.

Shortly after my mother and step-dad returned, they were having Vacation Bible School at my mother's church, and she was in charge of the nightly meal. To say that the household was kinda wild and crazy that week would be an understatement. lol But all turned out very well.

The next week was the mission trip with a week's recovery after. Then, we got the pool up & running for the season in order to be ready for ... my mother's birthday party at the end of June. (Can you believe that I'm already through the third week of June in this story?)

This was the first time in like 12 years that I could celebrate my mother's birthday with her, and I wanted to make sure it was special. Her husband has invited people over before, but my mom was stuck with getting everything ready and preparing all the food and everything. Understandably, this stressed her out!

It was my mission to relieve her of that burden, so that she could enjoy her party.



By "B" Day, everything was ready. The pool was sparkling and the water was warm. The weather was perfect. My mother wasn't used to being able to socialize with her guests, and it took her a little while to get into it. But before long, she was having a marvelous time.





Then, came the 4th of July, and all the other stuff that I talked about in the other posts started kicking in.

And THAT's what I've been doing this summer instead of blogging. There's one thing for sure. I haven't been bored! :)

12 comments:

And Spike was spot on in yesterday's comment :) That was so nice of you to do that for your mom. You look like her ya know. Gorgeous :) The photos are great and I love all of them. That retriever is beautiful. What a fun summer you have had. And I think the title of this one was appropriate. Busy woman you have been Larisa. And I must say the goodness in you has been totally evident and I'm lucky to have you be a part of my life :) xoxox MWAH

Spike: No I'm the lucky one! Mwah! xxoo

Your mother looks so happy. I guess that means you did a great job helping with the party. :)

Stacy: She was the queen of the ball. :)

Teresa: Amber thanks you. We figure that she's got something else besides "golden" in her that gives her that regal appearance.

Of course you haven't been Bored. You were too busy being Cherie. It is easier to try to live up to (or down to) only one name at a time! ;)

Oh, and way to go on that 5th Commandment. I'm proud of you and I'm sure your parents are, too.

Quilly: You're so sweeet! :)

Your mom is lovely. Happy belated Birthday to her.

I've enjoyed reading your last few posts, Cherie! Wow! You have had a very full summer, haven't you? Everything sounds absolutely wonderful. Good for you!

I have to admit, I have not checked in very often with the Blogosphere myself this summer. I spent six weeks away from home taking care of a relative who had open heart surgery, several weeks preparing for all that time away and the past three weeks trying to catch up here at home.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you, though. :)

I bet your Mother was glad to have you home for her birthday. . . Looked like a fun time.

Lisa: I hope that your relative is doing well. That was very nice of you to do that. It's good to "see" your smiling face again. :)

Happy Belated Birthday to your Mom!
She's beautiful
what a wonderful, open smile she has
just like you :)

I love the dog
sweet of you to dog sit, I'm sure he appreciated it

Post a Comment