Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday, January 06, 2012 - , 7 comments

Five on Friday - Here's Brian

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about.

This week I was feeling a little Brian Setzer. I've loved him since way back to the Stray Cats days. If these songs don't at least make you feel like doing a little "chair dancing," check your pulse. You might be dead. ;) LOL

Might as well start it off with one of his first singles with The Stray Cats, "The Stay Cat Strut." Gosh, they were so young!


Next comes a favorite of mine from the Vavoom! Album, Americano.


Now, just to let you catch your breath for a moment. I'm going to slow it down with Gloria. As a general rule, it was pretty hard to find videos that weren't "Live." I know that I'm breaking some commandment somewhere, but I prefer the recordings. Maybe as a dancer, I prefer the consistency. In any case, I could only find Live versions of this song, but it's pretty good. :)


Next, comes what I think of as Brian Setzer's tribute to Bobby Darin. Love how it changes musical styles at the end.


And last but not least, we finish off with what has actually become my favorite Stray Cat song, Look at that Cadillac. And believe you me, Brian has a things for Cadillacs. On one of his other albums, he has another love song to one. (Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good recording of that song.)


Hope you enjoyed my tribute week to Brian. Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

Whoa, Stray Cats just made dusting the office less of a task. Way to channel Mary Poppins, Cherie.

Ear worm alert!! I'll be singing Stray Cat Strut all day. Fun selection.

I have not heard The stray cat srtut in ages,thanks for sharing it.

Joy: "Just a spoon full of Stray Cats makes the medicine go down..." lol

Jamie: At least it's not a depressing or annoying song. (I suppose after a week, it might get annoying, but hopefully something else will come along before that. lol)

Mike: Seems like I heard it on the radio recently. Believe me, I was shocked ... but happy. :)

I do love me some Brian Setzer!

Travis: Yeah, he's great! :)

Woo hoo! Americano did some serious swingin'.

Post a Comment