Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday, April 20, 2012 - , 10 comments

Five on Friday - Soundtracks

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about and play along!

This week, I was a little bit bummed. I thought that I was going to be able to see the new film The Pirates! Band of Misfits, but I found out last night that it's not coming out until next week. To pass the time I thought that I'd feature some of my favorite soundtrack music.

Then, I got up this morning, saw the sunny sky, and started singing Mr. Roger's "It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood."  And, I thought, Hey! That's a soundtrack too!  It'll fit right in. While in that happy frame of mind, I thought of a song that always makes me happy, "The Lonely Goatherd" from The Sound of Music. At that point, my thoughts went a lot more jazzy, and we have "The Windmills of Your Mind" from The Thomas Crowne Affair, the theme from Peter Gunn, and finishing off with "All That Jazz" from Chicago.

Kind of a strange musical grouping when you listen to it all together, but then again, I'm kind of strange, so it all fits. Enjoy!



Get a playlist! Standalone player


Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

It's nice to know that someone is still a fan of the great jazz from "Peter Gunn". Wonderful selections this week.

You might enjoy this old 5 On Friday that I did for soundtracks: http://jdurward.blogspot.com/2011/01/5-on-friday-french-kissing.html

Oooo ... French! I'll have to check that out. :)

I enjoyed these. And your progression reminds me that it might be time to do Five Degrees again.

Always have a soft spot for The Lonely Goatherd! And Sting's Windmills of Your Mind was my favorite this week.

a very eclectic and fun collection

I especially love Sting's rendition!

You know "The Lonely Goatherd" will always have a special place in my heart. ;)

Post a Comment